Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
K4BEV

Unhappy Slide floor disaster(??)

We finally got to camp for a week - Went great
Then when we got home I put the slide out and there was a snake looking thing on the carpet
It's some kind of tape that was rolled up and stuck to the carpet. The tape came from between the slide and the trailer floor.
Now the slide won't close all of the way without me pushing it from the outside while my wife works the switch (the motor is running and it clicks like it is actually closed). BUT when I tried to open the slide again the left side is going out but the right side is trying to push the exterior wall out but that side of the slide isn't moving!
It looks like the floor under the slide is *bunching up*....

How do I get to the underside of the slide?
Do I need to remove the table, benches, couch, etc and remove the carpet or can this be done from underneath?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
Roller4Tan

No easy answer here. I would look under the slide from outside for anything obvious,like broken parts. Go inside and look under the slide floor if you can for any obstructions. I would then try to pry out the slide to get it extended for a better look and then lift the carpet at the end of the slide to check the transition surface. The floor backing may have come loose and bound up your slide (the black stuff). Being out of warranty,I imagine it would cost $$$ for a dealer to fix.
Just my 2cents
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
K4BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller4Tan View Post
No easy answer here. I would look under the slide from outside for anything obvious,like broken parts. Go inside and look under the slide floor if you can for any obstructions. I would then try to pry out the slide to get it extended for a better look and then lift the carpet at the end of the slide to check the transition surface. The floor backing may have come loose and bound up your slide (the black stuff). Being out of warranty,I imagine it would cost $$$ for a dealer to fix.
Just my 2cents
That makes sense.... Thanks
What keeps the floor backing in place?

It's been raining on and off so I haven't been able to work on it yet.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
Roller4Tan

I think it's glued on, probably why that piece was stuck to your carpet. I think there is more balled up underneath
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote