Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
momlupi

2006 Hornet Help for furnace

My 2006 Hornet furnace only worked for 1 winter. Stove, oven, a/c frige work fine. Will blow will click wont lite. Someone told me to turn on oven and start heater, did start blowing heat after a bit. Tried it again and nothing. Thermostat is coleman mache and works fine with a/c. My husband pulled it out and checked it and did the atttempt to lite but no ignition. Blows cold, even with oven lit. Dont know if it needs a switch or some other secret part or trick.
Anyone have suggestions. Woke up with inside temp 50. I like the cold but like to take chill out.
momlupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by momlupi View Post
My 2006 Hornet furnace only worked for 1 winter. Stove, oven, a/c frige work fine. Will blow will click wont lite. Someone told me to turn on oven and start heater, did start blowing heat after a bit. Tried it again and nothing. Thermostat is coleman mache and works fine with a/c. My husband pulled it out and checked it and did the atttempt to lite but no ignition. Blows cold, even with oven lit. Dont know if it needs a switch or some other secret part or trick.
Anyone have suggestions. Woke up with inside temp 50. I like the cold but like to take chill out.
Fire up furnace. Set temp high enough that it will certainly come on. Stand by thermostat. See that blower comes on.. Press with index finger on temperature selector slider with slight pressure.. Do you hear a click when you press? Let go... Do you hear another click?... Press again... Yet another click??

If so, thermostat is bad. Mine did same thing. Replaced with digital from Lowes. Furnace happy again.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Bluewater

My tstat did the same thing. Found out it was bad. New one works fine.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
f6bits

I didn't think there was much to the Thermostat. It's either ON or OFF for the desired function. If the furnace is doing *something*, then it sounds like the thermostat is doing its job, but the furnace is not. SAD's experience seems to say otherwise.

I think that the manual for my furnace has a brief troubleshooting guide. Do you have your furnace manual handy? As a test, maybe someone knows which contacts to jumper to force the furnace to turn on.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6bits View Post
I didn't think there was much to the Thermostat. It's either ON or OFF for the desired function. If the furnace is doing *something*, then it sounds like the thermostat is doing its job, but the furnace is not. SAD's experience seems to say otherwise.
I almost didn't believe it myself. But I was able to repeat it over and over again and again.

The slider apparently is more than just a single purpose slider in the Mach thermostat. Perhaps the differential is built into the slider? That why the blower would operate, but the burner would not?

Anywho.... I know what I know... And now it works.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote