Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
8LVISE

Talking New Alpine owners

Hello to all Keystone 5th wheel owners. We have just purchased an 2012 Alpine 3555RL and are enjoying it very much. We are fairly new to the RV lifestyle, having spent one season in a class B+, and then moving on up to this big boy. We pull our 5er with a 2011 Silvarado 3500 Duramax Diesel with Allison transmission, DRW.
We take our 2 Pembroke Welsh Corgis with us when we camp, and have a terrific time. I am sure we will have many questions along the way and are greatful for the information included in these forums!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine 3555RL.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	604  
8LVISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Why do I feel like ♫ singing ♪ from a mountain top when I say your member name???
Anyway ... I think you will find among our members many other Alpine owners willing to share their experiences. Enjoy camping, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
antiqfreq

Welcome to the forum,

so happy to have you here.

Congrats also on your new camper. I hope you have many wonderful camping experiences!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
8LVISE

Thank you

Thank you both for the warm welcome. We also hope to enjoy our camper for many happy years!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Alpinecummin

Welcome to the forum!

We purchased our Alpine 3640 RL a year ago and love it! We have had a few minor issues and two kinda major issues. Last winter we were visiting our daughter in Dallas and the furnace went out when the highs were in the 30's in the day time and the nights were in the mid teens. We used space heaters and the fireplace to keep the camper warm until we got back home to take it to our dealer. After the long winter with quite a bit of snow and a very heavy rainy spring, we took our first camping trip the first of May. When I opened the slides I discovered the carpet in the backend of the camper soaking wet. We took it back to the dealer and they discovered the air conditioner was installed improperly and had to repostion the air conditioner. We haven't had any proplems since then.

Our first camping trip with our rig was in July 2010, and it was 100 degrees with 90 percent humity. The one ac could not cool the rig below 82 degrees, so we had a second ac installed to compensate for the warm humid summers in Kentucky.

The small issues I have are just going around and checking to make sure everything is tight. We have had one speaker fall off the wall, two recessed light covers fall off and break, and one of the lights over the island counter dropped and broke. So I check all the lights and speakers frequently to make sure they are tight.

Yesterday I checked all the exterior door screws and latches and found several screws loose. I got inside the basement and pulled the two panels going into the tank area and where all the plumbing is located and I found several water connects loose, not leaking just loose, clamps loose on the heater ducts, and the outside shower hose was wrapped around the fresh water tank fill line. After relocating the shower hose, it comes out another foot and I can fill the fresh water tank slot faster.

Later this week I plan on getting under the camper and check all the screws holding the under belly panels.

1977 Avon
2003 Jayco Designer 32FKS
2011 Alpine 3640RL
2007 Dodge 3500
Alpinecummin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
8LVISE

Wink Good tips

I think your tip about checking that everything is tight is a good one. We are on our second trip out and have had to replace a screw that fell out of our ceiling fan holding one of the blades up. We also have tightened other nuts and screws.
we also have some questions and for those I will hit the forums. Cheers!