Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
sandy43

Flush tank plumbing?

The flush tank piping from entrance to black tank goes up with other pipes (4 to be exact) to the shower. One for cold, one for hot and two others for flush pipe. My question: especially Alpine folks or anyone who can help, why does the flush system go through the shower walls. If I had to change a check valve, I wouldn't know how or where to look. Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Last week I had a water problem and did a complete schematic of the plumbing system, in doing so I learned how the flush system worked. Thanks

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
vampress_me

In our Cougar XLite the check valve is the same. I searched for it (with help from those on this forum who know the spots Keystone hides them in) only to discover that unlike other XLite's who have the valve under the bathroom sink, ours is behind the shower. It looks high enough up the wall to be accessible if I take off the shower handle assembly, or at least that's my hope.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Vampress_me is correct. If you find it necessary to change the anti siphon valve you remove the shower valve assembly. Those of us with bigger hands have fun (not). While under the sink is more common, behind the shower is not a Keystone only thing.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote