Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #14
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Curious... why does the generator have to be an inverter type? I can run my A/C using my 4000/3500 Champion generator and the A/C works fine. I can't use the microwave or a bunch of other 110V circuits at the same time but the A/C works (microwave not running and hot water heater A/C off).
Basically the inverter types produce the same power as what you get in your house which is a sine wave 110VAC. The non-inverter types are either modified sine wave or worse. Your sensitive electronic stuff (newer RV's have some built in like inCommand etc) can be damaged by non sine wave types. The AC MAY not be affected, or may not show symptoms for a while but if you do want to use other electronics, or are having a problem, the Honda EU2200 and its competitors are safe. There are probably better descriptions on here and elsewhere if you want more detail.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale