Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2015, 07:28 AM   #1
BigRed2013

Cougar 32RESWE Ongoing Problems

We purchased our Cougar 32RESWE in December 2013 from a reputable dealer in Portland. First I want to say the dealer has been stellar, they have gone above and beyond to meet our needs and have been very good to work with.

The problems we have are with the Keystone product. This trailer was purchased brand new. Over the course of our ownership the trailer has been in for service due to significant leaks on the wardrobe slide and minor leaking on both living room slides. This is in addition to the numerous issues we've had with poor quality worksmanship on everything from cabinet doors to trim.

We are currently on vacation in Oregon and have wet feet due to the dinette/couch slide in the living room leaking. It started with my wife sitting on the couch and started feeling a drip come down on her, I found this was coming from the trim from the top of the slide, I checked all the exterior seals and couldn't find anything blocking. I now have the wet feet because the aft part of the slide is leaking to the floor. I have a blanket soaking up the water now but I am just beside myself because we bought a brand new trailer that leaks everytime we use it. We bought this so we could take our dogs on vacation with us and had plans to use it for many years to come. At this point we feel that we either got the worst trailer produced by Keystone or certainly one that was thrown together in a manner that has no quality control whatsoever. Sickened that we still owe so much money on something we don't even enjoy now.

I researched trailers heavily and thought we were making a good choice with the trailer, now we just don't know what to do. I love the features of this trailer and if it wasn't for the leaks I'd be extremely happy. We once had an old 70's used trailer that leaked and that's why we decided to buy new but what was the point if it still leaks like this. I could understand if we didn't take care of our trailer and let debris build up on the slides but that's just not the case, fully open it leaks, fully closed it leaks. Now the newest issue this morning is the pig-tail on the back won't pull out, must be a knot inside, i'll figure that out I'm sure but it's just one of many issues that makes using this trailer stressful. Now 4+ hours drive from home and all I can think about is "what's next".

Truly disheartened this morning, wish we would have made a better decision when purchasing. If price is a consideration we paid over $30k for this thing...

Keystone needs to work on Quality Control before pushing these units off the line. I hope we are the exception and not the rule.

Very unhappy Customer....
BigRed2013 is offline   Reply With Quote