Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2021, 11:22 AM   #1
faturner

De-Winterization woes

Good Afternoon.

Last week, before the great Texas Snowpacalypse, I winterized my 239ml. I drained all of the lines, connected an air compressor and blew out all of the lines, flipped the bypass switch on the water heater, put 2 gallons of anti freeze in the fresh water tank, used the water pump and used it through all of the sinks, faucets, toilet, etc. All went well. RV survived the 10 degree weather (better than my house did!). Reconnected the city water, flushed the antifreeze out and flipped the bypass switch back to position. Problem now is the faucets closest to the water heater are full force (tub, outdoor kitchen). Bathroom sink and especially kitchen sink have virtually no water pressure. And no hot water. Tried filling the fresh water tank and using the water pump to push water all through the plumbing but no difference. Help, please!
faturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:35 AM   #2
Maineiacs

I assume you're positive that the lines are completely thawed of any residual moisture. Which shouldn't exist because of your thorough winteriziing.

So the only thing I can think of is debris trapped in the faucet screen. Have you tried removing them? The mesh is so fine that it doesn't take much grit to reduce the flow to a trickle.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:06 PM   #3
faturner

It was the screens. Thanks so much. Now to get the hot water on!
faturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:25 PM   #4
cavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by faturner View Post
It was the screens. Thanks so much. Now to get the hot water on!
RV antifreeze turned to slush. It becomes gel below freezing. Does no freeze solid. It was not thawed when you de-winterized. You found the outcome of that.

Tags
winter