Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2021, 08:58 AM   #1
Muskateer10

Air conditioning - during last summer

I just remembered an odd problem with my Keystone Premier Edit: Model BL29RKPR20. I do not remember the brand of Air conditioner at this time. And I am over 100 miles away from the RV until May. End edit this last summer (it is a 2020). When it was hot off, I had the air turned on. All was well, but after awhile the air would shut off, and not turn back on. I had it set on about 72. It was up to 90 inside and the air would not turn on. I had to cycle the air to off, then heat, then cool and then the air conditioner would start working again. This happened dozens of times during the summer. I could never pin down what was causing it. It was very annoying. Any ideas on where to look, when I get back up to my RV in May? Note: This is a brand new RV still under warranty, but I sure don't want to drive it 100 miles to a repair place. Thanks.
Muskateer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:04 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskateer10 View Post
I just remembered an odd problem with my Premier this last summer (it is a 2020). When it was hot off, I had the air turned on. All was well, but after awhile the air would shut off, and not turn back on. I had it set on about 72. It was up to 90 inside and the air would not turn on. I had to cycle the air to off, then heat, then cool and then the air conditioner would start working again. This happened dozens of times during the summer. I could never pin down what was causing it. It was very annoying. Any ideas on where to look, when I get back up to my RV in May? Note: This is a brand new RV still under warranty, but I sure don't want to drive it 100 miles to a repair place. Thanks.
I think I remember someone posting about a dometic module that was defective.. not allowing heat on below 40 outside and no air when above 90. It wasn’t that long ago if you do a search. If you have dometic. Couple of guys are proficient with rv hvac on the site... I try every now and then but out of my league most of the time. But I’m learning... might just be going out on high pressure and you have to cycle it to reset
Old 01-31-2021, 09:13 AM   #3
Muskateer10

I don't get involved much on forums. I will see if I can figure out where the search function is located and try and figure out how or what terms to search for.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:20 AM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
I don't get involved much on forums. I will see if I can figure out where the search function is located and try and figure out how or what terms to search for.
If you check back I’m sure someone will have an idea..in the meantime you may want to list your ac manufacturer .what kind of thermostat and your trailer info if you haven’t already listed that.. that will help others get a background to work with..one ac or two? Do you have iN·Command?
Old 01-31-2021, 09:26 AM   #5
jasin1

The thread was under “keystone recalls section below.. it was titled” iN·command dometic furnace issue” if you read through you will see an ac problem as well.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:35 AM   #6
Muskateer10

Unfortunately, I don't remember the brand and I am like 150 miles away from the RV. Guess, I figured all 2020 Keystone Premiers were configured the same (I.E. same furnace brand, same air conditioner, etc). The Model is a BL29RKPR20 for what it is worth. I will see if I can add that to my original post.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:37 AM   #7
jasin1

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't remember the brand and I am like 150 miles away from the RV. Guess, I figured all 2020 Keystone Premiers were configured the same (I.E. same furnace brand, same air conditioner, etc). The Model is a BL29RKPR20 for what it is worth. I will see if I can add that to my original post.
If you have a picture somewhere of your trailer that shows the ac then someone will know. Hang in there it takes a while sometimes for a response but most of the rv guys on here respond eventually
Old 01-31-2021, 11:22 AM   #8
Muskateer10

Thanks, I believe I have found it (the post). It sounds like it may be poor job installing ducts and sealing them; also could be the positioning of the freeze sensor. I now have some things to check out when I get back up to my RV. **Hope I can find the freeze sensor. Also, it was posted that I probably have the Dometic AC unit. That sounds familiar, but I didn't want to explicitly state that because my old RV also had Dometic (and I thought maybe I was confused....easy to do at my age).
Old 01-31-2021, 11:58 AM   #9
jasin1

Quote:
Thanks, I believe I have found it (the post). It sounds like it may be poor job installing ducts and sealing them; also could be the positioning of the freeze sensor. I now have some things to check out when I get back up to my RV. **Hope I can find the freeze sensor. Also, it was posted that I probably have the Dometic AC unit. That sounds familiar, but I didn't want to explicitly state that because my old RV also had Dometic (and I thought maybe I was confused....easy to do at my age).
Glad you figured it out.. I see it was a different post you found but the right answer was there for you.