Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2021, 07:11 AM   #61
German Shepherd Guy

I have written Keystone twice about my 2018 26RBPR floor with no response. Unfortunately my dealer is no longer in the RV trailer business As I live in a relatively dry climate I have noticed no problem so far and have a spring time project to line my wheel wells myself as a preventative. (John first turned me on to the idea )

Would be nice if Keystone could come up with a liner that could be installed after market as it seems this is going to be an ongoing problem for awhile. Go luck to all who are having to deal with it. It is a shame as it is such an obvious flaw in design.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:33 AM   #62
JRTJH
Site Team

I agree, "if only Keystone could provide us with an "after the sale retrofit kit"...

But I'd suspect that won't ever happen, primarily for two reasons:

1. It wouldn't be profitable for Keystone
2. It would be "nearly impossible" to build such a "bolt on kit" given the wide variety of wheelwell configurations. Between the outriggers that support the "box structure of the living quarters" to the variability of measurements between models, they'd have to "build a unique kit for nearly every model in the line.

Given that there are so many models in the 17 brand offerings, assuming there were 10 models in each brand, that would mean 170 "retrofit kits" for each year. Even if half would interchange between models and between years, that still would be an "insurmountable inventory of retrofit kits"....

Don't count on that happening. Now, as for "providing the materials so a dealer or a customer could custom fit their model wheelwell area".... Just the shipping of "large size 4x8 sheets" would make the cost so high at the dealership that most people would abandon buying it there and opt for the same or similar materials at Lowe's or Home Depot or a similar building supply store..... The "truck freight charges" is the primary reason why Trekwood.com is so expensive with nearly all of their "unique trailer parts delivery charges".

So, for those reasons, I wouldn't look for any solutions from Keystone except for the few "complete floor rebuilds done at the factory" or "in warranty patch jobs done at the dealership".

Ironically, it's not getting any better, even with the "newest line of luxury trailers from Keystone".... The Acadia models have a waterproof material to replace the DARCO liner in the wheelwells, but because of weight restrictions, that "plastic sheeting" is still not able to withstand a tire blowout or, IMO, survive towing on gravel roads for the lifetime of the trailer.

So, the problem of damaged wheelwells, wet insulation, deterioration of floors will continue, even with the "latest and greatest" from Keystone....

Grandpa used to say, "If you want it done right, do it yourself"....

Since I've been "labeled an old codger" by some, Today Grandpa's advice rings as true as it did, "back when".....

If you have any problems or run into any questions about modifying your wheelwells, just ask. It's not particularly technically challenging to do, just difficult to find the sheets and to cut/fit the panels in place around the outriggers that are present in every wheelwell..

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 07:11 PM   #63
Shredder

Hi, how did you make out ? how long were you into your warranty before you claimed the damage? I am just out of my one year and just had my dealer make a claim, awaiting response.
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:32 PM   #64
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
Hi, how did you make out ? how long were you into your warranty before you claimed the damage? I am just out of my one year and just had my dealer make a claim, awaiting response.
There is a three year on the floor.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:35 PM   #65
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
I have written Keystone twice about my 2018 26RBPR floor with no response. Unfortunately my dealer is no longer in the RV trailer business As I live in a relatively dry climate I have noticed no problem so far and have a spring time project to line my wheel wells myself as a preventative. (John first turned me on to the idea )

Would be nice if Keystone could come up with a liner that could be installed after market as it seems this is going to be an ongoing problem for awhile. Go luck to all who are having to deal with it. It is a shame as it is such an obvious flaw in design.
Who have you written to at Keystone?
Call the customer care and talk to Alisha Howden.
She is well versed on the floor replacement.
Emailing just no one particular will fall on deaf ears as there are so many that have issues. It is not a case of if but rather when…..

Tags
bullet, floor