Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2020, 04:23 AM   #1
MikeyClem

Bedroom Cable Outlet

I have a 2019 Springdale 38BH, and I would like to hookup satellite in the master bedroom. There is a cable connection in the room, but I cannot find how to get the cable from the dish to that port. I have it connected to the rear inlet, and I have signal in the livingroom.
MikeyClem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:50 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

If you have KeyTV then once the satellite coax is connected to the correct port then you should be good. Does the bedroom tv get OTA channels?
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:07 AM   #3
MikeyClem

I don't have KeyTV.

I did not try OHA channels for that outlet, I will try that this evening. Is there usually a main splitter located somewhere to feed all cable outlets?
MikeyClem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:42 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Ok. You probably have a “SAT IN” and a “CABLE IN” on the outside. Then you have 2 separate coax out at the family room TV and a single coax out in the bedroom.

If that’s the case, then the bedroom is only designed to get OTA/park cable. If the bedroom has 2 coax outs then there is probably a splitter somewhere.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:52 AM   #5
markp

I am new to this but have had to trace out the coax in my Bullet. Here is what I found. I have a wall plate that has a male coax connector AND a button that turns on the antenna amp in a cabinet by my tv. When i took that plate off the wall, I found the antenna coax was screws on a terminal to the booster. on the back of the booster circuit board was another output to "tv 2". that output fed a single piece of coax the went to a splitter. The splitter fed my bedroom tv and the outlet under my awning on the side of the trailer. Had i not taken the plate off the wall, i would never found the splitter or understood where all the coax goes.
markp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, cable