Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2020, 11:50 PM   #1
Alaska Campet

Stereo won’t power on

I have a keystone bullet and was getting it ready for the first trip of the year. I hooked up the batteries backward thinking the black lead was always negative(not the case) and now my stereo won’t power on. Checked the fuse in the back of the stereo and it looks good but the 15 amp fuse in the power panel blows when replaced and powered on. Wondering if I ruined the stereo or wiring to it somehow or if anyone had any other ideas? Also the light in the electric jack looks shot as well. Other than those two things everything seems to work fine.
Alaska Campet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:22 AM   #2
Schbobby

If you wired batteries reversed you probably blew out your 40 amp fuses designed to protect your systems.
Schbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:22 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

We'd need more information to try to help. The KEYTV system is installed in most Bullet trailers after about 2018. That system MAY be installed on the same fuse as your radio. If you have KEYTV, troubleshooting will be different than if you have an older trailer without that system.

First, as posted above, if you hooked up the battery backwards, your power center has two "reverse polarity fuses" installed that will blow to protect the power center from damage. Depending on the age of your trailer, they may be installed on the converter or they may be installed next to the 12 VDC fuse panel in the power center.

So, a more complete description of your trailer (year and model), photos of your radio or a more complete description, photos of your power center or a more complete description and information about whether you have KEYTV installed would be helpful.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:58 AM   #4
markp

Just went through a similar event. Look at the fuse/breaker panel. I had a red light on beside a 15amp fuse. It was blown. I replaced it and all was fixed.
markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
Alaska Campet

Everything else seems to work except the radio and the led light in the electric jack the fuse in the radio looks ok but I did have a red light next to the fuse on the panel and replaced that but it blew again.
Alaska Campet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:49 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Pull the fuse out at the radio, then try installing a new fuse at the panel. If it blows again, then something else is shorted out.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, stereo