Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
papachaz

Cougar 29BHS tub problem

So we've camped in our new 29BHS twice. My wife used the shower the first time, and forgot to tell me there was a LOT of water in the floor when she was done.

So this past weekend, I took a shower and when I got out there was a LOT of water in the floor. It wasn't apparent that it was running down the wall or the outside of the tub, so I guessed drain issue.

I called the dealer, and told him as long as I wasn't voiding any warranty, I'd take the access off and look to make sure all the connections were good. So today, I hit the auto level out in the driveway, and when it was done went in to check the tub.

So, the issue is, that when using the shower, water running down the tub wall collects on the top lip of the tub, and runs around to the inside wall, down the outside and onto the floor. The reason it wasn't apparent it had done this was because the trim isn't all the way against the wall, and it's going behind it.

It shouldn't do this, water should run into the tub, not collect on top. does anyone else have this problem?
papachaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
yesiamapirate

Ours is the same way. The water does not run out for whatever reason, thankfully. I wonder why they leave the open area of the tub/shower bottom? It seems an obvious spot for water to either run out or under the wall.
yesiamapirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
papachaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesiamapirate View Post
Ours is the same way. The water does not run out for whatever reason, thankfully. I wonder why they leave the open area of the tub/shower bottom? It seems an obvious spot for water to either run out or under the wall.
I've put a level on the tub, it's actually higher from the back wall out to the outside of the tub, no wonder water runs that way....

this appears to be a faulty installation. The camper is level, according to the auto level screen. Time to go check that, although every time I have checked it after set up it has been....
Old 05-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
yesiamapirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by papachaz View Post
I've put a level on the tub, it's actually higher from the back wall out to the outside of the tub, no wonder water runs that way....

this appears to be a faulty installation. The camper is level, according to the auto level screen. Time to go check that, although every time I have checked it after set up it has been....
Faulty installation and faulty design from the get go. I am sorry you have to deal with this. I am having my own set of issues with my brand new Cougar. Hang in there!
yesiamapirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
papachaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesiamapirate View Post
Faulty installation and faulty design from the get go. I am sorry you have to deal with this. I am having my own set of issues with my brand new Cougar. Hang in there!
ok so the camper is in fact level. We haven't had any other issues yet with it, that I can remember anyway, LOL other than it being so freaking LONG!!!! I had to back out of the campground loop this past week because one of the turns back to the left was straight up a hill and it was going to drag the back steps, so that whole side of the loop got to watch my backing skills....which are pretty good I might add

but I think this is a faulty installation, I'm waiting for the call back from the dealer
Old 05-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #6
KC10Chief

I have a 2019 BHS and the shower has the same issue. I notice a lot of water on the floor. I want to mitigate this as it will not be good if it keeps happening. I thought about just getting a little piece of rubber seal or something and using some silicone to attach it to the top of the tub and redirect the water back into the tub. Wouldn't need to be more than a quarter inch tall I'd guess.

Also, make sure you check the LED light strip on the front cap of the trailer! Mine didn't have any sealant on the hole for the wiring and leaked big time in the rain. Unrelated to the shower. Apparently, it's the norm at Keystone to not seal that hole.
ProPride 3P-1400 hitch.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #7
papachaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10Chief View Post
I have a 2019 BHS and the shower has the same issue. I notice a lot of water on the floor. I want to mitigate this as it will not be good if it keeps happening. I thought about just getting a little piece of rubber seal or something and using some silicone to attach it to the top of the tub and redirect the water back into the tub. Wouldn't need to be more than a quarter inch tall I'd guess.

Also, make sure you check the LED light strip on the front cap of the trailer! Mine didn't have any sealant on the hole for the wiring and leaked big time in the rain. Unrelated to the shower. Apparently, it's the norm at Keystone to not seal that hole.
mine's a 2018, doesn't have that LED light strip. I'd make them check that, being that it was never sealed, how long did it sit on the lot before you bought it? how many rain showers did it go through? how much water got inside that front wall? I can see water damage issues popping up in a couple years after the warranty is expired....

as for the tub, I've thought that exact thing. Some kind of 'splash guard' caulked to the top of the tub at the edge where it runs down the side to divert the water back into the tub. I just have to find something that will have the right 'appearance'. I am still waiting for the dealer to call me back with whatever Keystone told them.

Tags
cougar