Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #1
kaydo36

Close to purchase - Springdale / Bullet

Hello all, I've narrowed down the search and am close to purchasing my first trailer which I plan to transition to full-time mobile living. It'll be me, two pits and three cats. I know, sounds nuts...

I've been aiming for something on the smaller side because I am(was) an occasional van-lifer and prefer camping along the less-traveled paths, which is often synonymous with less-traversable, but still big enough to give the zoo a little space. Yes, they're the whole reason I'm upgrading from van to trailer . Also avoiding slides since I don't want to rely on hookups.

The frontrunners...

Springdale 202RD
Springdale 2020QB
Springdale 202QBWE
Bullet 210RUDWE
Forest River Wildwood X-lite 241QBXL
Grand Design Imagine 20BHE (one small slide but unobtrusive when in)

What really grabbed me about the Springdales/Summerlands was that panoramic rear window. Before that I was only hunting for bunkhouse models which seemed perfect for the cats, but man, that window! Made bunks seem like a waste of space for the little critters. Then of course the positive reviews and other features sold me.

For other Springdale owners - Are there any differences between the 202RD, 2020QB and 202QBWE other than the obvious like a couple inches on height and tank size? Seems like it's a matter of East or West model, which I don't fully understand the purpose of other than frustrating my search. (I'm east now but plan to move/drive west)

And other full-time RVers, any advice for immediate mods or upgrades I should consider to improve quality of life? The list of things I'm already planning post-purchase include...
- Second battery
- 3-4 solar panels
- Replace queen with murphy or replace with full and rotate flush against wall
- Add composting toilet, combine gray/black tanks

Finally, any other recommendations or suggested models I should check? Tow capacity is 6700. 28' is the max length I'm considering.

Thanks for having me and sorry for the lengthy first post!
kaydo36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, springdale