Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
kenm500

Roof Sealant - Faulty

I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had problems with their roof sealant.

I purchased a brand new 2017 Premier 29RKPR last April from a dealer in Michigan. The trailer came right off the assembly line, probably manufactured in March.

We used the trailer for 3 trips. Living in New England, we store the trailer in my yard covered with a breathable ADCO Tyvek cover. This is consistent with how we have always stored our unit.

While having the TT winterized and standard service this month before storing it for the winter, our dealer (not the one I purchased it from), noticed that ALL the roof sealant was cracked, bubbled, and basically in horrible shape. They were shocked I haven't experienced leaking on our last trip. Giving the trailer is only 18 months old, they felt it could only be caused by faulty sealant or it hadn't cured properly.

I realize the TT was just out of warranty, but reached out to Keystone and sent plenty of photos of the problem, to see if they would assist me with the cost to have all the seals repaired. I was very reasonable and wasn't expecting them to cover all the costs, by any good will offer would have been greatly appreciated.

Well you know their response, it was not covered because it was caused by external factors and not normal wear and tear. I could have told them that.

I am confident I'm not the only one who has experienced this problem. Has anyone else experienced the same?
kenm500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof