Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
LaTundra

Avoid E-470 around Denver

Yikes! Going to Yellowstone last month, took I-70 to Denver, took E-470 to link up to I-25 north to Wyoming. Saw a sign that said this was a toll road, and how much per axle, there were no tollbooths. Kept on going, 10 minutes later, another sign, no tollbooths. Ten minutes later, another sign, then I exited to I-25. Same thing on the way back.

This week, I get a letter stating that I owe over $70. I was charged $10.35 for each gate I passed under. There's a gate every 10 minutes. They have cameras on every gate scanning licence plates. I don't mind paying a toll for a nice highway, but $31.00 to go less than 30 miles is a bit much! And again on the way back!

It's like getting an out of state penalty. Or a speed trap. I will pay the toll, but I'm never going back to Colorado again!

Shame on you, Denver!
1 very sweet Dear Wife
3 mean cats and a one-eyed dawg.

Previous campers/tow vehicles:
73 Apache Mesa hard side popup/74 Chevy Nova 350 cid 3sp m
96 Coleman Shenandoah popup/91 Toyota Extended cab 2.4l 5sp m
04 KZ Frontier 2101QSF/00 Toyota Tundra 4.7l 4sp a
LaTundra is offline   Reply With Quote