Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2021, 09:12 PM   #1
hylasw

2012 High Country Cougar 246rlds anyone put larger TV in ?

Hi I have a 2012 High Country Cougar 246RLDS fifth wheel and thinking about putting larger TV in but the current TV which is a ViZio the mount is kinda different its a side mount and mounts on the wall on the side and then mounts in the center of the Tv.
I would like to use the same mount but wondering what is the max. size tv will fit and if I can use the same TV mount I hate to change the mount.
I am wondering if anyone else has this same Fifth wheel or one similar and what they did ?
hylasw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:10 PM   #2
tech740

If I am understanding correctly your mount is on the wall and the TV when being used is perpendicular to the wall. If so and you you want to use the same mount, measure from the wall to the center of the mount when it is extended. Multiply that by 2 and you will have the widest TV you can fit. You have to check the dimensions of the TV's you are looking at not just the screen size. Most TV's use a common mounting system.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:08 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Measure the distance between the mounting screw holes hoth vertical and horizontally on the current tv mount. It's a metric measurement and tvs use a standard called VESA. The tv you're considering will have that VESA number in the specs. You can huy adapter plates to mount differnt size tvs to mounts that aren't the same size.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:07 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

The Cougar HC fifth wheels came with a 32" TV as OEM in 2012. The wall mounts were "articulating mounts that allowed the TV to be "swung out away from the wall and turned to get a better "improved viewing angle". The mounting plate is a "standardized" VESA size and will fit any "small/medium size TV"

The three "considerations" you'll need to make are:

1. What is the maximum weight capacity for the mount? There should be a decal on the mount with that information.
2. What "method" did Keystone use to attach the mount to the wall? If it's securely mounted, you should be OK. If it's mounted with 2 or 4 screws into some 2x2 poplar filled with knots, well, it probably won't support the "maximum weight capacity"...
3. What is the "center of the mount to edge of the new TV" ?? If you buy a larger TV and you need to pull it out on the mount to turn it to view, can you get the right angle for viewing? Too large and it won't turn so you can see it means moving chairs or sitting at an angle... So, maximum size may be related more to "comfortable viewing" than by weight or size....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar