Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2020, 12:52 PM   #1
Skkkora21

Where is the GFI on a 2008 Sprinter?

I have talked to a few RV guys and NO ONE can find it! yet my 2 bedroom outlets don't work, nor does the one in the entertainment centre OR the one in the living room. HELP!! Oh, and I just bought this. ALSO, I guess it is all delaminated in the front AND back...so, is it just garbage, or can I cock it somehow. HELP on this as I moved into it after a break up and need to live in it for at least 6 months. I spent 14K on it and we plan on putting in new flooring and painting it all white and grey to spruce it up.

Thank you for any tips. Also, if I posted this in the wrong place, please let me know

Shelley in Coombs, BC
Skkkora21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum : wlcm:

The favorite places for the GFI are the bathroom and kitchen. In rare cases I have seen them integrated into a breaker.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #3
LHaven

You don't say, so it's not clear if you ever checked the breaker box for a popped breaker.

If the breaker has a white button on it, it's a GFCI breaker. GFCI breakers need to be turned off, HARD (I mean, really hard, until you feel it reset) when they pop, and then back on. If you just turn it back on, it kinda-sorta looks like it's on, but it isn't on.

This is true to some extent for non-GFCI breakers as well. You would do well to reset any that look even slightly out of alignment.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:16 PM   #4
Skkkora21

I had 2 RV guys look a and NEITHER Of the experts could find it

So I thought MAYBE some owners would know. And no, it is not with the breaker as they checked that too.

Also, what to do about delimamination...is it a BIG deal??
Skkkora21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:48 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Delamination is not really “repairable”. I would make sure there aren’t any water leaks/ comprised seams and just make sure they are sealed well. Usual repair is replacing the panel.

As far as the GFI, I would start at one end and simply do a through search.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #6
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skkkora21 View Post
So I thought MAYBE some owners would know. And no, it is not with the breaker as they checked that too.
Maybe you could post a clear photo of the inside of the power center (breaker and fuse box).

Tags
sprinter