Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2020, 09:24 AM   #1
tarponblock

Water heater on 2021 Hideout

Anybody know where the water heater is on this thing? And from what I've read it's a gas/electric...correct?
tarponblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:47 AM   #2
jsb5717

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place for helpful advice.

1st, what model is your trailer?
2nd, you should be able to see the exterior cover for your water heater.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:34 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Walk outside your trailer, look for a door like this one (it may be black, white or tan). It is the "water heater exterior door". Note its location, then go inside and approximate that location. Your water heater will be "at floor level in that cabinet, bed base or cupboard space"...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suburban water heater exterior door.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	828.9 KB
ID:	30888  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
tarponblock

I feel like a goober, y'all. It was right there beneath the water connections. And I'm a Vocational Agriculture teacher....we've been in this thing since Hurricane Laura. Thanks for the help..
Old 11-23-2020, 12:38 PM   #5
mgreene

What’s the old saying,,,,” the only stupid question is one that isn’t ask”!! At least it sounds like you located it, and maybe you corrected your issue! We had lots of them set up around here after hurricane Matthew and Florence hit a few years back. Hope you get back to your permanent home(if that’s the plan) as soon as possible!
Old 11-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarponblock View Post
I feel like a goober, y'all. It was right there beneath the water connections. And I'm a Vocational Agriculture teacher....we've been in this thing since Hurricane Laura. Thanks for the help..

Glad you found the water heater, no need to feel any way except happy you know where things are located.

If your water heater is "beneath your city water connection, take a critical look at whether the heat from the water heater exhaust can damage your water hose. There are a few trailer models that have components arranged so the water hose falls directly in front of the water heater exhaust. Members have had to modify the connection by installing a hook to pull the hose away from the exhaust or other "work-arounds"... Take a look to see if your trailer might lead you to a melted hose and water spraying all over the side of your trailer.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:32 PM   #7
ewbldavis

X2 for Jon's sentiment. Our previous camper had freshwater hose directly above WH.

At very least, use a 90-degree elbow at connection. This not only saves your hose and freshwater connection, it will help keep hose away from water heater below (I would tighten mine at an angle so hose was away from exhaust vent).

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:27 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Just a tip; there are generally two types of water heaters; GAS ONLY (propane) and GAS/ELECTRIC. You may have a switch up by your tank gauges for the propane. Turn it on and a red light will come on till it lights then go out. There may be another for electric heater element. Never leave it on if the hot water tank is empty. If there is no switch for the electric, open up that outside cover pictured. In the bottom left, kind of hidden, there may be a rocker switch to turn the electricity on as there MAY be a heating element in your water heater. You can verify by looking at your breakers in your converter and one will say HOT WATER or similar; if you have one you have both gas and electric and the electric is there to sort of augment the gas so the tank will reheat more quickly. I can't remember all the hurricane names as there have been way too many last couple seasons. When was Laura? And welcome to the forum!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #9
tarponblock

August 27....and then Hurricane Delta about a month later..������

Tags
heat, heater, hideout, water, water heater