Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
W7PSK

Lippert Solid Step on 2008 Everest 5th wheel

Well I know the Moryde wont fit, the dealer did a test fit with their tool and it wont fit my 2008 Everest.

I see that that Lippert has come out with the Solid Step and it looks a bit different.

I wondered if any Everest Owners has tried it yet?

Thanks
2011 F-350 SRW Long bed Crew Cab.
W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #2
Dan Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by W7PSK View Post
Well I know the Moryde wont fit, the dealer did a test fit with their tool and it wont fit my 2008 Everest.

I see that that Lippert has come out with the Solid Step and it looks a bit different.

I wondered if any Everest Owners has tried it yet?

Thanks
I just installed a set of Lippert Quad Solid Steps with their side hand rail and their Lift Assist.

My door frame was 28.5" wide which put me in their narrow steps. They only make two, a narrow and a wide. The narrow has 20" wide treads and I believe the wide has 24" wide treads.

I had to do a bit of side shifting to the right/forward of the RV to get the retaining latch to catch the door frame and that put me at around 3" from the left side. They recommend 2-5/8" from the left side. I still had plenty of room for the lift assist lever to fit inside the inner mounting wall cover.

Looking at my setup now, I have 4" to the right I "could" have used the wide to fit my door, but the narrow is tons better than the other factory steps. And with the lift assist, it's a breeze to put in and out. One finger as mentioned in the videos etc.

Follow the Lippert sizing chart and you should be able to find a fit for your door, unless your door is super narrow.

Good luck! Have a great week...
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:55 AM   #3
W7PSK

Its whether it fits the Threshold or not. the Moryde wont fit because it wont allow the door to close when the steps are down Thats why I was checking on an Everest owner for the Lippert.
2011 F-350 SRW Long bed Crew Cab.
W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #4
Dhuhn

if your looking for a solid step you might want to check out the glow step it replaces your folding step you have and are a solid step.
https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:35 PM   #5
GaryUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by W7PSK View Post
Its whether it fits the Threshold or not. the Moryde wont fit because it wont allow the door to close when the steps are down Thats why I was checking on an Everest owner for the Lippert.
My trailer has steps that fold into the doorway, I cant get into the trailer when it is in the storage bay because the steps need 4' of clearance to deploy. It's a pain to have to hitch up and pull it out every time we need to start the fridge for the next trip.

Morryde makes quick disconnect steps that don't fold into the doorway. Brackets attach below the door and the steps connect to them.

Downside is you have to find some place to transport them.

Upside is you still have your folding steps for quick access or tight locations.

https://www.morryde.com/products/quick-connect-step/

2019 Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab
GaryUT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel