Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
AMG

Landing Gear blowing Fuse

help!
The 30 AMP Fuse between the switch and Landing Gear motor blows only when retracting. Works find extending.
Motor was in stress due to gear box broke. Have replaced gear box, checked all wiring, switch is good. Can take motor off landing gear and will not blow fuse when just letting motor run while retracting. The motor has been in much stress due to excessive use while gear box was broken. Also screw head hitting motor from shaft extension.
Question , any ideas if it may be the motor under stress or something wrong with maybe landing gear leg?
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:19 AM   #2
purebred

Well it kinda sounds like the motor under a load is drawing excessive amps or when the landing legs are retracted something is causing excessive resistance to the motor. Is there anyway to manually retract the landing legs? Go down a little bit and back up to see if it gets harder or easier both ways, that should tell you something with the amount of force it takes both ways. My bet is the retracting of the legs is binding somehow for the fuse to pop. Good luck.
purebred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
jbelany

I had the same problem, only to learn from another owner that the landing gear does not have a limit switch. I stop retracting about 1 1/2” before all the way up and no longer have the problem. Not sure if this is what is happening with yours, but thought I’d throw that out there.

Joe
2016 Silverado 2500HD
B&W Patriot slider
jbelany is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, landing gear