Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
saltyturtle

Custom Cabinet Doors

I am interested in replacing our Furrion Dishwasher with storage space in our 2017 Alpine 3401 RS. The dishwasher is basically worthless as you need to practically wash the dishes before running them through the dishwasher so they will come out clean and we need the storage space. It doesn't even sanitize them like a home dishwasher will as it doesn't have a heating element.
Does anyone know of a supplier that can match the door color and style for this unit? They would not be replacing existing doors as there are none there now, but would have to be a custom size.
saltyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:03 PM   #2
bobbecky

For the door, just search for a local cabinet shop. They should be able to match most any design. The color stain may be a bit harder to exactly match, but they should be able to get pretty close if you brought in a sample door, or if they can't do it, a good paint store should be able to do it.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:45 AM   #3
Tinner12002

Trekwood RV parts has replacement doors, check your other doors and see if you have one or a set that will fit the opening. I did that on my Raptor, had an opening that I felt needed a door, found another door in the RV that measured the same and ordered it, just a thought, or you can have a custom cabinet maker make you a set.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:58 AM   #4
Dave W

When I redid a couple cabinets in our orphan '06 Glendale Titanium, I used some doors from Amish Cabinet Doors. I was able to pick the style and edges that matched almost perfectly. They arrived in a couple weeks, I needed to add finish and hang them. Unless you looked very carefully, you couldn't tell them from the original (they were better made). I also added one to our oak S&B kitchen counter last year. The grain in that door was a bit off, but still a very close match.

https://www.amishcabinetdoors.com/
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I second Trekwood. Usually trailer floorplans are identical and if the dishwasher is an optional package item, the "standard build" would have cabinet doors where the dishwasher is installed. Usually cabinet arrangements are designed to require the least amount of "different components" so cabinet doors for your pantry or your bathroom storage (or some other location) may also fit the dishwasher "hole"....

On our Springdale, in a different model, there is a cabinet door that fits where the "blank luan panel" covered the back of the shore power cable storage. When I modified to a detachable power cable, I ordered that door from my dealer. It came with hardware to simply attach to the cabinet stiles, converting that "empty box" into a usable storage cabinet. You will probably find the same situation in your trailer, even if it is in another model. Give Trekwood a call or go to their website, look at the cabinet doors available. They are all listed by size and finish color. You'll probably find the exact doors you need, already finished and ready to hang on the space.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #6
saltyturtle

Custom Cabinet Doors

Thanks everyone for the good suggestions. I will explore all of them and let you know what I decide works best.
Steve
Old 05-19-2018, 08:12 AM   #7
KSH

I was looking for a cabinet door for the wasted space under my bunks behind my outdoor kitchen, looks like trekwood had what i need. Thanks.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:45 AM   #8
saltyturtle

Custom Cabinet Doors Solution

I ended up ordering the doors from Trekwood. They came yesterday and are a perfect match. The total cost was $185 including shipping. Trekwood is a different kind of company to order from -- at least in my experience. First your find the parts you want and submit for a freight cost. I had to do this 3 times to finally get a response even though their site says they will be back to you within 2 business days. I had included 2 door handles in the order, but when the freight quote finally came back, they were dropped off the order. I decided to go ahead with the door order and just order the handles separately. The freight was reasonable, so I confirmed the order. I got an email saying it would be mid-July delivery, which I could live with. Then this last Monday I got notice that the doors had shipped and they arrived yesterday. The doors are perfect so the aggravation of dealing with Trekwood was worth it and I will order from them again-- AFTER taking a patience pill. Thanks everyone for the Trekwood suggestion.