Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2017, 11:59 AM   #1
lintonskennel

A/C thermostat and other questions

So I bought a 2016 cougar xlite 33 SAB for pretty much living out of for about 7 months a year for work. The camper has the upgraded AC unit in it. During the summer the AC unit ran all the time except at night when the temp would cool down outside. So I had a tech guy come out and he told me that the ac was working the way it should but the camper has too many windows with sun light coming in also that the whole camper only had 4 outlets for the air to come out and it was no able to breath enough to get the cool air out enough to cool the camper. So we are putting in 4 more vents and blocking off any place the air can get past the end vents. I also blocked the windows with bubble wrap insulation (that you would put around hot water tanks to conserve energy at home) that seemed to help some. Hope the other 4 vents will really help. It was already getting into fall by the time we got the vents in. I am looking at a different campground this year for work(less money per month) but I have to pay for my own electic. So I am wondering if any of you have put in a digital thermostat that I could set time for it to start cooling down the camper before I get there or not. I called they place where I bought it because they have it right now doing some warranty work on it and they said that you cant put a digital thermostat on it but I didnt know if they just didnt want to do it or not. So if you have put one on this type of camper what one did you buy?
lintonskennel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #2
Pull Toy

Dometic makes several different programmable "Comfort Control Centers", geared to the RV market. They work on 12v versus your home systems, which require 48v.

They are very adaptable. When properly set up, it will control your various climate systems heat/ac/heat pump, etc...

Good Luck, and welcome,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
lintonskennel

I will check them out. I called keystone and they wouldn't give me be any information because they say the cant advise me to alter the camper in any way. So I called a different RV place and asked them if it could be done and after checking with there service guy they also said it could not be done due to the a/c unit having a different Circuit board and would not allow you to be able to set a digital one up like I am wanting to. But they also told me to call the maker of the a/c unit and ask them if they make or know a brand to use that would be compatible with there ac units. Thanks for your guys help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lintonskennel is offline   Reply With Quote