Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
Way Of Life

Steadyfast / JT Strongarm

Did a search but found nothing current to answer my question.....

I need input from owners that are actually using the Steadyfast or J T Strongarms on their unit that are equipped with the 6 point Level Up automatic hydraulic leveling system.

We occasionally have guests that will stay in the garage area of our fifth wheel. During these visits we will experience alot more movement of the coach as they move about or roll around on the rear bed.

We are trying to decide if adding the Steadyfast or J T Strongarms will greatly reduce the amount of shaking. I know they are an exceptional product when used with the conventional landing gear but am unsure if the same results will be achieved when used on the hydraulic legs of our current 6 point auto level system. The placement of the rear jacks being ahead of the garage causes me concern of their effectiveness.

Any input from current owners that have experience with either product good or bad is greatly appreciated.
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:40 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Maybe after auto level is done, go to manual mode and extend the jacks another couple of inches and see it that helps.

We have never installed either on a set of 6 point level up jacks.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
Way Of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Maybe after auto level is done, go to manual mode and extend the jacks another couple of inches and see it that helps.

We have never installed either on a set of 6 point level up jacks.
Extending the legs will only compound the problem and add further opportunity for movement. I truly enjoy the ease of the auto leveling system; but it is far from flawless in minimizing the movement of the coach.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:46 PM   #4
the sodfather

I would imagine it could only help. I have the JT's on my 272BHS and love them. Granted it's manual jacks but I cannot see how it would do anything but increase the stability whatever the jack style or method.
the sodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Of Life View Post
Extending the legs will only compound the problem and add further opportunity for movement. I truly enjoy the ease of the auto leveling system; but it is far from flawless in minimizing the movement of the coach.
Extending the legs far enough to lift the tires off the ground will cause issues. I have leveled many units with 6 point, and then extended the legs another inch or so and found it more stable.

I have done this on a few Grand Design Momentum (TH) ranging in length from 35-43 feet long, with the rear jacks just behind the rear axle. JT strong arms are a lippert product, and since the level up is also lippert maybe a conversation with tech support may yield an answer. Anytime I have contacted them I have found the person I talked to to be very knowledgeable and very truthful.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 09:43 PM   #6
Way Of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
I would imagine it could only help. I have the JT's on my 272BHS and love them. Granted it's manual jacks but I cannot see how it would do anything but increase the stability whatever the jack style or method.
I'm assuming that the placement of your rear most jacks are within 2 feet of the rear of your coach.

The type of jacks is not my concern; it is the placement of the jacks on our 2015 Fuzion toy hauler, the rear most jacks of the 6 point auto level system are located just behind the rear axle. This leaves an additional 12-13 feet of frame that is not supported towards the rear of the coach.

So I would like to know; if others with similar toy hauling units; with the same 6 point auto leveling system; have had any success using the Steadyfast product.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:38 PM   #7
Tbos

I would think an additional set of jacks near the back might help. You could put stabilizers on them if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #8
Vastdavidson

We installed the Steadyfast on our 6 point level up. Huge HUGE difference. It was totally worth the $$ and time to get it installed. I do have one issue. When someone is in the very back and playing around the unit still moves...not like it used to tho.
Vastdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:26 AM   #9
msp2jxr

I have the 311 Impact TH and was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the feed back. I think this summer I will work on adding a steady fast system to the back legs as well.
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote