Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
vabow

Raptor In-command

My 2016 Raptor 355 In-command runs my genset primer when I have the battery disconnect turned on (disconnect mode). This runs my batteries dead when I store it. Also when I run the genset in this mode the primer running will make the genset surge. Had it checked at the Cummings service where we found this out. The disconnect doesn't disconnect the genset or the 6 point landing controls? A friend has this same issue. Looking to see if anyone else is having this issue?
vabow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
cw3jason

I do not have the In command system, but I can tell you that it is normal for the factory disconnect to not disconnect some items, to include 6 point level up, slides and propane alarm. A lot of people have installed a separate disconnect at the battery to shut off everything.
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:20 PM   #3
vabow

Thanks. I was thinking of that just so I don't have to try and deal with Keystone. I assume the added disconnect would go on the neg side of the battery?
Old 06-27-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
dcg9381

You can put a disconnect on either side as long as you actually break the circuit. I keep mine on the positive side. It's in addition to the factory kinda-disconnect...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #5
xcntrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
I do not have the In command system, but I can tell you that it is normal for the factory disconnect to not disconnect some items, to include 6 point level up, slides and propane alarm. A lot of people have installed a separate disconnect at the battery to shut off everything.
I second this.. I was surprised to find my toy hauler tank pump would still operate with the coach disconnect tripped.

That said, my Fuzion is in the shop now for a handful of issues including In-Command problems. It won't start my Generator off the fixed pad and can only start it off the mobile app or manually. Also I've been getting a number of different errors on my control pad (system busy, BCM not connected, under-voltage fault). Also the main control pad has crashed several times and rebooted when these error messages appear. One time it took me 15 minutes to put the awning in during a rain storm while the system error, crashed, and rebooted. Anybody else see that?

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #6
Drennen7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcntrk View Post
I second this.. I was surprised to find my toy hauler tank pump would still operate with the coach disconnect tripped.

That said, my Fuzion is in the shop now for a handful of issues including In-Command problems. It won't start my Generator off the fixed pad and can only start it off the mobile app or manually. Also I've been getting a number of different errors on my control pad (system busy, BCM not connected, under-voltage fault). Also the main control pad has crashed several times and rebooted when these error messages appear. One time it took me 15 minutes to put the awning in during a rain storm while the system error, crashed, and rebooted. Anybody else see that?
Did they determine why your generator wouldn't start from the fixed pad? I'm having the same issue but had success starting it from my phone through the app after I got it paired and of course starting it manually... Just curious what the fix was? Thanks!
Drennen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:27 AM   #7
xcntrk

Yes.. I admit it was user error.

From the control panel, you have to hold the prime button down for several seconds until the start button turns green. Then you hold down the start button until the generator turns over and is running. Even if the unit was just running previously, you can't start it from the control system without going through this priming process first.

In my case, I wasn't holding down the prime button (just pushing it once), and/or I was trying to start without priming if the gene had been previously running. Hence the mixed results I was experiencing. Give it a try and hopefully everything works for you too!

Old 08-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #8
Drennen7

Thanks for the tip... I will give it a try.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:48 PM   #9
vabow

I;m having the same issue with starting my genset. Maybe Im not holding the primer button down long enough. Will try it this weekend.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:03 AM   #10
Drennen7

Primer button didn't do the trick for us... I called Keystone and they punted me over to ASA Electronics. Apparently a software update is in the next thing to test. For what it's worth I see you have a 2016 as well. ASA told me the 16's went out with version 4.0 and the 17's have version 5.0. So you may want to try the same thing? Here's a link to the updates: http://www.asaelectronics.com//in-command
The manual explains the process... The engineering code that you'll be prompted for is "5391".
I'm going to update the system this weekend and try again...

2016 Fuzion Chrome 414
2013 Ford F-350
Old 08-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #11
vabow

Thanks. Did you download to a USB thumb drive? Let me know how it come out.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:41 AM   #12
xcntrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drennen7 View Post
Primer button didn't do the trick for us... I called Keystone and they punted me over to ASA Electronics. Apparently a software update is in the next thing to test. For what it's worth I see you have a 2016 as well. ASA told me the 16's went out with version 4.0 and the 17's have version 5.0. So you may want to try the same thing? Here's a link to the updates: http://www.asaelectronics.com//in-command
The manual explains the process... The engineering code that you'll be prompted for is "5391".
I'm going to update the system this weekend and try again...
Nice! Let us know how it goes!

Old 08-31-2016, 08:11 AM   #13
Drennen7

Software update did the trick. Generator now starts from the fixed pad. Took about 30 minutes total.

2016 Fuzion Chrome 414
2013 Ford F-350
Old 08-31-2016, 08:13 AM   #14
Drennen7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabow View Post
Thanks. Did you download to a USB thumb drive? Let me know how it come out.
Yes, dowloaded the three update files to a USB drive. Went through the software update as described int he manual. You'll see the version number change for each update. Once completed, the generator started right up from the fixed screen and the phone app.

2016 Fuzion Chrome 414
2013 Ford F-350
Old 09-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #15
HossFly

Raptor In-Command

I have a 2017 Keystone Raptor 425TS with the same problem you describe.
The Onan generator primer pump will activate and run for about 3 minutes when I turn the battery disconnect switch to the disconnect position. This can cause In-Command issues such as an 'OVER PRIME FAULT' warning on my In-Command display screen that I cannot clear and therefore am denied all functions of my In-Command but it is not what was quickly discharging my batteries.
My electrical system draws about 1.4 amps when the battery disconnect switch is selected to the battery off position. (I was expecting to see maybe 300 milliamps). The result of this high electrical draw will deplete the batteries (I have two in series) in about 2 days time, not exactly what you would call long time storage. The reason for this is the manufacturer has decided to allow several electrical systems be powered by a 'Hot Battery Buss'. An example of a hot battery bus would be the bilge pumps and fire detection and protection circuits in my boat that always have power available to them regardless of the position of the battery shut off switch. The reason for that is obvious to me, not so much for my camper though.
The no brainer answer to the problem is to completely disconnect the battery ground from the camper. You may do this by removing the battery ground cables each time you wish to store your camper for more than a day or by installing a second disconnect switch.
I chose the latter and cheaply and easily did it by disconnecting both of the ground cables from my battery, installing a battery post knife style cut off switch on the negative battery post and reattaching the ground cables to the cold side of the switch. I also rotated my upper battery 180 degrees so the ground post is facing the front of the camper putting the switch in a more friendly position for operation of same.
HossFly is offline   Reply With Quote