Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2016, 06:33 PM   #1
mdrucker

new 28sgs wardrobe slide leak.

Just bought a new xlite 28sgs two weeks ago used it once and brought it back to the dealership from the campground. we found water in the wardrobe slide inside and the hard plastic sheet on the outside floor has become delaminated.
we also have a funky smell coming from under the bed, hope we get these problems fixed we rely like the rv.
mdrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
Cougar1957

Well that stinks! Hope its an easy fix and can be cleaned up. We've had our 28SGS for almost two years and just love it. Good luck.
Reese 16K & Tekonsha PrimusIQ digital controller
The K9 crew: Ginger the terrier, Yorkies - Heidi & Dora, & Buddy the Chihuahua
Cougar1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:40 AM   #3
mdrucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar1957 View Post
Well that stinks! Hope its an easy fix and can be cleaned up. We've had our 28SGS for almost two years and just love it. Good luck.
It is a great layout, the dealer said it was not aliened correctly. Hope that was it were heading down to Lexington Ky in July for a week.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:56 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

mdrucker,

We have the same bedroom configuration as you (27RKS). The wardrobe slide extends only about 12" and often that's not enough movement to cause the exterior seals to completely flip. There are four plastic blocks glued to the sides of the slide to help catch the seals and start them "flipping" but with such little travel, friction often isn't enough to get them completely in position. If they don't completely flip, water can (and often will) follow the seal to the "inverted part" and then enter the coach. I've started visually checking the external seals once the slide is extended and about half the time I have to slide a finger under the seal to get it in the correct position. There hasn't been any issue with the wider slides, I believe that's because they travel 36" or more and there's enough movement and friction to cause the seals to flip correctly.

Otherwise, our wardrobe slide has been troublefree.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:09 PM   #5
mdrucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
mdrucker,

We have the same bedroom configuration as you (27RKS). The wardrobe slide extends only about 12" and often that's not enough movement to cause the exterior seals to completely flip. There are four plastic blocks glued to the sides of the slide to help catch the seals and start them "flipping" but with such little travel, friction often isn't enough to get them completely in position. If they don't completely flip, water can (and often will) follow the seal to the "inverted part" and then enter the coach. I've started visually checking the external seals once the slide is extended and about half the time I have to slide a finger under the seal to get it in the correct position. There hasn't been any issue with the wider slides, I believe that's because they travel 36" or more and there's enough movement and friction to cause the seals to flip correctly.

Otherwise, our wardrobe slide has been troublefree.
I will definitely start looking at the seals after opening, thanks
Old 06-18-2016, 01:45 PM   #6
Cougar1957

Thanks JRTJH. I often wondered about those blocks - glad I left them on there now. I will be checking the exterior seals after setup from now on.
Reese 16K & Tekonsha PrimusIQ digital controller
The K9 crew: Ginger the terrier, Yorkies - Heidi & Dora, & Buddy the Chihuahua
Cougar1957 is offline   Reply With Quote