Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2016, 05:52 AM   #1
Wayne58

Thumbs down 2016 Alpine 3011 hydraulic leak

My wife and I bought a new 2016 Alpine 3011 in February and just got back from our first trip out. We absolutely love the decor of our Alpine but the love seems to stop there. We have a major hydraulic leak under our bedroom slide. Our carpet is soaked with hydraulic oil. To make matters worse, my wife took a shower and soaked the bathroom floor. It seems whoever was in charge of quality control on the day our Alpine was built must have been asleep at the wheel. The shower door threshold was installed backwards with the drain holes facing away from shower. Needless to say, the bathroom floor flooded.

We have contacted Keystone and have talked with someone in their level 2 "expediting"team. I was told I could contact her anytime I had questions or concerns. The problem is, she won't return my calls or messages. I am quickly loosing faith. She apparently must be very busy and important person because she's been on the same phone call for 6 days. Hopefully, it will be my turn soon.
Wayne58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:01 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

First of all, welcome to the forum. I sense your frustration with your new Alpine, but contacting the factory isn't really the best way to resolve your problems. Your best bet is to contact your dealership service department (which is where the repairs will eventually be made). The factory representatives will most likely instruct you to return to a "Keystone repair facility" to start the warranty repairs for your RV. So you might as well "get a jump on the work" and head to your dealership.

Routinely Keystone won't authorize any repairs (or even make any promises of repairs) until they receive documentation from the dealership's service center.

It's unfortunate that you're having problems and we wish you "rapid and complete repairs" for those items you've identified.

Good Luck and again, Welcome!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:31 PM   #3
bsmith0404

Sounds like a new employee must have been installing showers when they built yours, I haven't heard on anyone else having that problem. As for the hydraulic leak, that's unfortunate and I'm sure it is a mess, but having worked with hydraulic lines a lot in the past, all I can say/chalk it up to is stuff happens. As already mentioned, get it to the repair facility ASAP, nothing is getting fixed until they have it to get started and know what needs to be ordered. Your dealership will typically do everything they can to help you out, they want repeat customers.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #4
Johnnypt63

Re: 2016 Alpine 3011 hydraulic leak

We just took delivery on ours, sorry for your issues but we will keep our eyes open on our first trip out. I'm having questions about winterizing the refrigerator icemaker can't get he pink fluid to make it to the ice try.. What about yours ? Any special procedures
Johnnypt63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic leak