Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
omextreme

New Montana Slide Bottom Getting torn by roller, Service options?

Just noticed while breaking down camp this weekend that the bottom of the kitchen slide is getting slowly destroyed by the roller bracket.

What appears to be happening is the left side of the roller bracket is taller then the roller itself causing the slide bottom to get dug into by the bracket as it moves in and out.

Going to take in for service this week while we have a few weeks of down time between trips.

My question is How should i insist they fix this issue?

The roller assembly is welded to the frame so it would be hard to access without removing the slide.

I would assume the Left top side of the bracket could be ground down a bit to stop further damage but how is the bottom fabric properly repaired?

I want to know what I am going to ask for before dropping the unit off as far as a correct fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150927_131552_resized.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	9486  
omextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

IIRC the bracket isn't welded. The roller is spring loaded, remove it and you gain access to the bolts holding it on the frame. They are a huge PITA to change. What the dealer will do to repair the fabric I can't say, but there is a real good "tape" that is made of the same material as the fabric. I have used it a few times and once it's on its good as new.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #3
tom37

We had your problem also. Staples that were attaching the bottom of slide sweep were too long causing our problem. Our Dealer was able to lift the slide a small amount and cut the staples flush. They had the same material with an adhesive backing to ccover the damaged fabric.
tom37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
buckeyebobhockingcamper

slide bottom

our 2014 343rl had the same issue,turned out to be the plastic runner in the slide bottom,they replaced the complete floor in slide with new wood.didnt remove the slide.later my kitchen slide did a similar thing but that was caused by keystone putting 2 pieces of bottom fabric on slide and using the fabric patch tape to hold it together.we traded that for a 2015 310re.the dinette/couch slide floor is real weak,i complained but was told thats the way it is.if you step in slide between dinette and recliners the floor will move up and down 2 inches.
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

buckeyebobhockingcamper,

The slide floor moving up and down 2": Is that when it is in the camping position or when it is in the travel position? My slide in both the Springdale and the Cougar moves up and down when in the travel position. There is a caution in the owner's manual that says not to stop on the slide floor when in the travel position as the floor is not supported. Now, if you're talking about it moving when the slide is extended for camping, that shouldn't be happening. Which position are you talking about?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:49 AM   #6
buckeyebobhockingcamper

slide floor

in open position,the slide itself doesnt move but if you step on floor of slide between dinnette and recliner the floor is like a springboardand as you step down the dinnette and recliner move up.now i weigh close to 300 lbs,however that floor is supposed to support 4 adults at dinnette and 2 on recliner?i did the same on another montana hc in dealer lot,my 14 montana was stronger in this area.we seldom use dinnette but both sit in recliners
buckeyebobhockingcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #7
goducks

It's probably just one layer of 5/8" stranboard for the slide bottom. Cheap.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote