Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2015, 09:13 PM   #1
fonecop1

2015 320TG center island light fixtures not working no blown fuses

Our 320TG has two light fixtures over the center island that are on their own switch. One of the 1076 bulbs blew out and my wife put the wrong bulb in place of it, the bulb she put in had one contact on the bottom so it caused a short across the two contacts in the fixture. When she turned the switch on she "heard something make a noise" and now neither fixture works. The fuse panel has LEDs that show if a fuse is blown but none are lit. All of the other lights work extent those 2, I am camping and don't have a multimeter with me but I was wondering if they might have a fusible link or something?
Thanks
Bob
fonecop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:57 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The "weakest link" is the fuse. Occasionally the LED indicators don't work properly. I'd get a "known good" fuse to replace the one in that circuit. If you don't know which fuse is which, start at the top of your fuse panel and replace the top one. If there is no change, use that fuse to replace the second one. Work down the panel until all are replaced. If that doesn't fix your lights, then the second weakest link is probably the switch. After that, it's the connections in the actual light fixture along with the bulb sockets. If they are all good, then the wiring in the walls is about all that's left.

The fuse is "supposed to be" the weakest link.....

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:23 AM   #3
fonecop1

I figured it out and it was the fuse. None of the fuses were marked so that didn't help me find it but I finally noticed an LED on and figured out that it only came on when the switch was on. I never figured the switch had to be on for the LED to come on if the fuse was blown, kind of strange to me. Maybe this thread will help someone else if they know to leave the switch on whatever isn't working when checking for a blown fuse. Thanks
fonecop1 is offline   Reply With Quote