Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2015, 05:19 AM   #1
BirchyBoy

Weather

We were supposed to be camping this weekend. We canceled a few weeks back so we could dog sit for the SIl, so she and her hubby could go on a fossil tour in SE Colorado.

It has rained here ALL week. Their fossil tour got canceled because of muddy conditions and the threat of tornadoes. The campground we were supposed to be at was evacuated Saturday morning due to flooding. The campers spent the rest of the night in a big store parking lot until sun up.

We got 10" of wet, heavy snow in about 3 hours last night. Yeah, it has been a weird week out here.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:16 AM   #2
GmaPaTime

Wow... That sure is crazy, winter just won't leave for you folks. Funny how things work out in the end as I'm sure your glad you didn't go.

We had the opposite conditions here this weekend. We had planned to go camping this weekend but cancelled due to the weather forecast of TS Ana. It turned out to be a very nice weekend and we're regretting our decission now.

Steve
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #3
koko

We were supposed to leave Santa Fe today but have cancelled because of that crazy Colorado/Wyoming weather. We're holding out until Wednesday for more promising weather along our route home.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
{tpc}

Supposed to go to ohio this weekend. Weather reports....well I don't trust anything anymore until a day or so beforehand. At home it says rain on friday, nice sat and sun. I think where we are going it says the opposite.

I'm ok with a little rain. Not fun dragging the trailer 300 miles in heavy rain though. Add in wind and I might have to shut it down. For now, fingers crossed.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN

We are going camping up here in alberta and forecast is for snow and rain. Lets see..sitting at home looking out the window and looking a honeydo list or sitting in rv watching the snow...I am sure going to miss sitting at home

-2013 F350 Lariat turbo diesel 6.7,
B&W companion hitch, 18k
-2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:32 AM   #6
{tpc}

I guess I should clarify...we have another reason for going on this trip, so only 10% of the time we would be at the trailer. I'm already investigating hotels. :/ A little rain doesn't bother me but now wind and thunderstorms....seems like a waste if I can't even build a campfire!
Old 05-13-2015, 05:39 AM   #7
BOWWOW

I hope it dries up a little bit out here too. I have been trying to paint a house before we leave on a 10 day trip next week to SW Colorado with the atv's.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #8
C130

It has done nothing but rain here for months it seems like. We have had more rain in the last month than I can ever remember and the last week has been insane. We've had two times in the last week it rained so hard my pool overflowed then my yard couldn't handle the water and had dirty water go in my pool. It was just torrential down pours dropping several inches of rain within minutes. Middle of May and we've hardly got to use the pool which is unheard of here.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #9
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130 View Post
It has done nothing but rain here for months it seems like. We have had more rain in the last month than I can ever remember and the last week has been insane. We've had two times in the last week it rained so hard my pool overflowed then my yard couldn't handle the water and had dirty water go in my pool. It was just torrential down pours dropping several inches of rain within minutes. Middle of May and we've hardly got to use the pool which is unheard of here.
Tell me.... We just spent a week at Goose Island and while it only drizzled the humidity was 95% to 100% every day. Heard they got hammered after we left, glad we beat the storms.

We drove up to Navarro Mills Lake on Tuesday afternoon to check out the campground for the middle of June and the lake was 9 feet over full. The marina was breaking up and parts were floating away. We booked a site but aren't holding our breath that the trip will happen.

After watching the forecast, I'm starting to look at late July and August for the next trip.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #10
C130

The motocross park my son and I ride at all the time was completely underneath water a few days ago. I've lived here about 13 years and had never seen anything like it. The big issue there according to the owner was the San Jacinto River Authority opened up the gates at the Lake Conroe dam in the middle of the night without any notification. Flooded the entire motocross park and a brand new boat dealership with a lot of $100,000 plus boats. Both businesses sit on the same land along the river off I-45. They had recently bought two new tractors and a water truck, built a new office, and I think all ruined or heavily damaged. I don't know whether or not the River Authority is supposed to notify people or businesses but the owner claimed it was unexpected and was done at 2am so he was not able to move his equipment. It's storming here as I type, pouring rain and lightening like crazy.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #11
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130 View Post
The motocross park my son and I ride at all the time was completely underneath water a few days ago. I've lived here about 13 years and had never seen anything like it. The big issue there according to the owner was the San Jacinto River Authority opened up the gates at the Lake Conroe dam in the middle of the night without any notification. Flooded the entire motocross park and a brand new boat dealership with a lot of $100,000 plus boats. Both businesses sit on the same land along the river off I-45. They had recently bought two new tractors and a water truck, built a new office, and I think all ruined or heavily damaged. I don't know whether or not the River Authority is supposed to notify people or businesses but the owner claimed it was unexpected and was done at 2am so he was not able to move his equipment. It's storming here as I type, pouring rain and lightening like crazy.
Just booked a guide and a spot in the SP on Lake Tawakoni for late July, hope it has let up a mite by then.. Dallas draws out of that lake for water and it's still 2 foot low.. come up 10 feet in the last two months.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #12
koko

We headed from Santa Fe to Moab, UT on our way home for a little rain relief - hot and dry right? NOT. It rained there for two chilly days and then we drove the rest of the way home in intermittent drizzle/rain.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:48 PM   #13
wesaysoracing

im thinking of going down to the local boat builder and getting some pontoons and putting them under the camper , that way I can use my camper/houseboat in my front yard
wesaysoracing is offline   Reply With Quote