Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
Yosemitebob

Maintenance

So did a bit more today and while waxing I noticed that the sealant was lifting around the front top clearance lights, potential leak there. It's not easy to get to these, but they should really be checked. It gets direct wind, elements, heat, and gets it straight on while traveling. I resealed mine, no leaks this year or next if I keep a good eye. I also Aerospace 303'd all seals, including vent seals, sliders, storage doors, decals on body, main access door, window rubber, and more. Cleaned all caulking, while checking for any holes, filled a few, replaced some others with new sealant. Checked all undercarriage, suspension components, adjusted brakes, added air to tires, greased hubs, inspected tires, checked frame for rusting, none noted, did I say I washed and waxed the body as well, and cleaned the roof, charged the batteries, toped off with water, sanitized the water tank, and put the sewer hose in a bath of bleach and water for an hour and hung to dry, checked for loose screws, bolts, from top to bottom front to back, this was all over the last three days. Now I'm ready to go to the beach next week for my wife and my 45th anniversary!

Oh, forgot, also did cleaning on heater ran it for a while, cleaned the AC and ran it for awhile, took the screens off the roof vents and cleaned them and took the screens out of the windows as well, man where they dirty, cleaned all the windows inside and out, so I'm all done and I put down an iced coffee on the floor put up my last hat hanger, and kicked a full glass of coffee over while the title wave of coffee was starting to flow toward the entertainment center and beyond where the converter is and others, I turned to run to the garage and my wife through me a towel she happen to have in her hands, I stopped it just in time, yahoo! OK story over.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
GaryWT

Busy few days, wish I had the time. Need to do a few things including winterizing.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
cabinfever

I winterized yesterday. Before our last trip we cleaned and conditioned roof, cleaned and waxed body. 303 on all outside rubber.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

As I read, I thought you were Flash and so speedy it only took 1 day to do all the things you did. A few days set aside every year to do maintenance will make that RV last. My dad and a couple friends are not into maintenance and they fix it when it breaks. So, guess who helps them fix their stuff while hunting or camping, me.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #5
Yosemitebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
As I read, I thought you were Flash and so speedy it only took 1 day to do all the things you did. A few days set aside every year to do maintenance will make that RV last. My dad and a couple friends are not into maintenance and they fix it when it breaks. So, guess who helps them fix their stuff while hunting or camping, me.
Your dad is a lucky man
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote