Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #21
Bob Landry

I'm not sure how I would react or handle this one. Well, no, I know how I would react, handling it may take some thought. Five months is almost half of your warranty period. I doubt Keystone would step up to extend that unless the long delay could be tagged to them dropping the ball, and then that's a long shot. I personally think that the warranty period should be extended on the dealers nickel, minus the length of time of your specific repair. Keystone should be able to give you a reasonable time frame for the repairs you needed. Good luck on that one, but at least the dealer will know that you just didn't blow it off and walk with your trailer, letting him get away clean. At the very least I would leave the conversation open by saying I was going to "check with someone" and I'll be in touch. I think if I were going to go after anyone it would be the dealer and not the 800 lb. gorilla.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #22
Linwoodrver

As I was reading your post I kept thinking how similar it was to my situation last year. I had bought a brand new Cougar 31sqb and was unfortunate enough to have a branch fall across the roof 1 month after we purchased. The damage was extensive and required a new roof. I was also very patient, however, was getting excuse after excuse and it ultimately took 11 months for the repair! (Essentially using up our warranty also). Your story sounded so much like mine......get this....I will never use Hitch RV of Turnersville, NJ either!

2012 Cougar 31SQB
2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax + Allison tranny
Linwoodrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:11 AM   #23
bstarz40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linwoodrver View Post
As I was reading your post I kept thinking how similar it was to my situation last year. I had bought a brand new Cougar 31sqb and was unfortunate enough to have a branch fall across the roof 1 month after we purchased. The damage was extensive and required a new roof. I was also very patient, however, was getting excuse after excuse and it ultimately took 11 months for the repair! (Essentially using up our warranty also). Your story sounded so much like mine......get this....I will never use Hitch RV of Turnersville, NJ either!

2012 Cougar 31SQB
2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax + Allison tranny
I'm assuming you also bought from them.
bstarz40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:15 AM   #24
bstarz40

Talking UPDATE to update

Received a call from the dealer when I got home. They wanted to know when I was paying the balance for winterization. Guess They will have to wait about 5 months for that!
bstarz40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #25
wbdvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstarz40 View Post
Received a call from the dealer when I got home. They wanted to know when I was paying the balance for winterization. Guess They will have to wait about 5 months for that!
Wow, I think I would tell them to stick it as if they did not take 5 months to repair, they would not have had to winterize. It was their delay that caused them to winterize instead of you. Of course if you have the info from Keystone on when parts were shipped that would strengthen your position.
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS
His & Hers 2016 Vespa Sprint 150's
wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #26
gearhead

Like John said, craft a very well written email to Keystone. Mention that you intend to buy a new RV but are questioning if it will be a Keystone. Most important, I would "cc" your local BBB, the local Chamber of Commerce, and if you have one of those "consumer reporters" at the local TV station, them as well.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #27
Yosemitebob

Are you a member of the Good Sam Club? If so, call them to intervene for you. It can't hurt, that is if you are a member.
Sorry to hear the wait time for sure.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #28
BillnDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
bstarz40,

I'd urge you to sit down tonight, send an email to Keystone outlining everything from the date you first took it in 5 months ago until now. It may not make any difference in changing the past, but it could be very beneficial to you if, 3 or 4 weeks after your warranty expires and you start having problems with your slide again.... Well, you get the potential picture.... Here's the link to their "Contact us" form: http://www.keystonerv.com/contact-us

If you "call and talk" to them, there's no "record" of what was said and what was promised (if anything). With the email chain, you've got some evidence to leverage the situation if it goes bad...

I'd put in the letter "somehow" that you lost 5 months of RV use while the dealership "sat on and ignored" your RV... you may just get some benefit from stressing that condition. In the past, there have been reports of Keystone paying several months of payments and/or extending the warranty period as a "gesture of good will" I can't (and won't) say you'll get that kind of "gesture" but at least Keystone will have documentation of what happened and you'll have the email trail if you need it.

Glad you got your RV "home" Now, start packing for that trip.....

enjoy, Enjoy, ENJOY !!!!!

I concur!!! Email them the details but ask them to reply back to confirm they received the email OR send a registered letter!
Most companies do want Goodwill! They bent over backwards for us when we were having a similar issue! We did spend time with the service rep after I called Keystone-he is nice as can be now and has called with status updates!
2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost
2003 Ultra Classic Harley sold May 2014
blog: https://dalees107.wordpress.com
BillnDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #29
Sam8923

I feel your pain my 2014 fuzion 390 chrome has been at dealer 44 days out of the 91 days I have owned it. I have been emailed and called keystone. It is suppose to be ready this week. I am ready to tell them to keep it and give me refund.
Sam8923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #30
vantage32fls

picked ours up 2/1 it was 90days at the dealer

Tom & Sue
Keystone Vantage 32fls
2019 RAM CC 8' bed SRW 4x4 6.7 HO w/Aisin
15k Curt Tru-Trac Trunnion
vantage32fls is offline   Reply With Quote