Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
vallboss2

Issue with alpine front level jack

Brought the new 2014 Alpine 3600rs home and set it up. Next morning had hydraulic fluid coming from the front level jack on the driver side. Dealer said the bring it back over an hour one way. I said no you can come to my house. Evidently there have been a few problems with the level jacks. Just thought I would let everyone know to look for hydraulic fluid leaks.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Vernon -
Not sure if you have Lippert's 6 point leveling system but if you do there has been an extensive discussion about two issues with: popping sounds and leaks.

Some members have had some success with either one or both of these issues by replacing the fluid with 15W Racing Oil hydraulic fluid. Lippert would be the folks to contact and should help you out with this. Your unit is still under warranty so the dealer/Keystone/Lippert should make things right for you at no expense.

You can, if you wish, do a forum search and type in Lippert 6 point leveling system and find some comments in the many posts that are here on the forum about that topic.

Good luck with the repair.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
vallboss2

Thanks! I am new 5th wheels and I really appreciate being able to ask the questions that I have and get great answers.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Westie0506

Popping Noise

We have had our 5vr for 2 years and right now I can only say I'm glad to read somewhere that there is an issue with a popping noise - I thought I was hearing things and since my husband has a loss of hearing he couldn't hear what I did with the popping noise. I always heard it in the bedroom and we often would move the jacks up and down to get it to stop. Will do some more research and see what a change in fluid will do to help. We also had leaking and had the seal replaced and it still leaked and eventually had one of the jacks replaced and knock on wood it hasn't leaked since. Good luck in finding the problem and getting it fixed. Any further information you find will be appreciated.
Westie0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
turbopilot51

I am also curious on the fluid change. How hard would it be to do it myself?
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
geo

Here's the thread.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12033

Should answer most questions. Look for my post in the third position. Note that there is a YouTube video showing how to change fluid.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote