Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
M&LMontana

microwave/convection oven replacement

I own a 2009 Montana 3465SA which came equipped with a sharp microwave/convection .9 cu ft. oven installed in the cabinet above the range hood. This unit failed within 3 months and was replaced by Keystone under warranty with a sunbeam SB-22200 oven that looked identical to the original unit with the exception of the manufactures label. This unit has subsequently failed and can't be repaired.
Sunbeam on longer markets this unit. I am unable to find a microwave/convection oven that will replace this failed unit. There are several small microwave/convection ovens that are sold through RV service centers (Contoure CMC11040B , and a Cuisinart 200W) but I don't think these unit will be vented properly if installed in the original Montana cabinet.
I'm open to suggestions. Any help out there???????
Unable to cook in Wisconsin........
M&LMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You didn't include the model number of either the original Sharp oven. If you do a web search by model number, you may find an exact replacement at one of the online RV supply houses, at Amazon.com or at EBay.

You may also get some good advice from the Sharp or Sunbeam customer service department. Contact them by email or by phone and see if they can offer you any suggestions as to what model they currently do produce that would be a direct replacement.

You may find that it is much easier to buy a complete unit, the oven and the mounting shroud and simply replace the entire assembly much easier than trying to find a replacement to fit the existing opening.

Good luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote