Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
Karen & Larry

missing water pump

We have the new 2013 Cougar X Lite 29 Ret and upon inquiring where the water pump was located at the dealership, No one could answer us just that they would find out and let us know soon. The dealership still couldn't give us a clear answer so they said in the fall they would give us a free winterizing. Larry wants to watch them when this happens to see where they are going to locate this pump.
So we contacted the manufactor yesterday and were given many suggestions as to where the pump should be. It sounds like it is behind the stove however there isn't any access panel there. They lady at keystone said it is behind a access panel located under the sink somewhere behind the stove. Yet there isn't a access panel with screws in. there is a thin wall stapled to separate the stove to the area under the sink. The lady said we should put an access section into this wall our selves & Larry said that should have been done at the factory. End of discussion we'll take it in for the winterizing for sure.
Karen & Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Comptech

Mine is located in the cargo pass through, behind a panel that comes off with some screws....
You should be able to hear it very well while it is running to get an idea of where it is located...

2012 Cougar 330RBK
GVWR 12,265
2004 Ford F-350
Comptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

so are you saying that you fill the fresh water tank and turn the 12 volt pump on nothing happens? If you hear a buzz head for the sound and you will find the pump. if not check for a blown fuse! Hard to fathom that they forgot the pump! but anything can happen. Or and this is very possible did I miss read something?
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
Katt

Mine is up front beside bed on left hand side looking to front of TT. It is under carpeted area. Look in an area close to fresh water tank.
Prodigy 3 Brake Controller
Firestone Air Ride and Compressor
Katt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
CUFFS054

X2 Katt said.
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #6
aburns20

Had originally posted something else but it sounds like our fellow fourm members have given some excellent advice as to where to look for your pump.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
Pmedic4

Water Pump location 291RLS similar to 29RET

We have a 291RLS - while not the same as yours, if I were guessing, I would say it's hidden under the sink cabinet, with access through removal of the drawers/or panel inside that cabinet. If you have drawers on the rearward( toward sofa in back of the 5ver), remove the bottom drawer, and in your case it would be on left side when you remove the drawer. If it's a cabinet door, I 'd guess it's behind some false panel in the same place.
While my RV is mirror image of yours, thats where my water pump is located.

When I first read your post, it seemed like you were saying your RV didnt come with a Water pump, like someone at the factory forgot it. Not hard to believe, but I would think that would be caught before leaving factory, or at least the dealership. I'm assuming that's not the case. Of course, if you just turn on the sink, you'll have to hear the pump, because most stock pumps could wake the soundest of sleepers.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
RedOne

Ours on our '13 RES Cougar X-Lite, it was located under the stove behind the electrical panel. My brother and I relocated it under the sink accessing it originally from the panel between the sink and stove and outside by taking the outside shower panel off. We did this to make winterizing it easier. Much better now and a lot easier to get to.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
SkiSmuggs

Ours is behind the hot water heater and is accessed by a panel in the basement. Just turn it on with water in the fresh tank and you will hear it. I get to the water heater bypass the same way for winterizing.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:10 AM   #10
Annieak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen & Larry View Post
We have the new 2013 Cougar X Lite 29 Ret and upon inquiring where the water pump was located at the dealership, No one could answer us just that they would find out and let us know soon. The dealership still couldn't give us a clear answer so they said in the fall they would give us a free winterizing. Larry wants to watch them when this happens to see where they are going to locate this pump.
So we contacted the manufactor yesterday and were given many suggestions as to where the pump should be. It sounds like it is behind the stove however there isn't any access panel there. They lady at keystone said it is behind a access panel located under the sink somewhere behind the stove. Yet there isn't a access panel with screws in. there is a thin wall stapled to separate the stove to the area under the sink. The lady said we should put an access section into this wall our selves & Larry said that should have been done at the factory. End of discussion we'll take it in for the winterizing for sure.
Thank you. In my 2011 Keystone, it was beside the bed on the carpeted left side & you lifted up the top, but this one does not do that. No screws. No access under bathroom sink from what I can see.

Thank you. Annieak
Annieak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 01:19 PM   #11
firestation12

9 replies with different suggestions of where, or how, to locate your pump…..that should keep you out of trouble the rest of the day. Don’t keep everyone in suspense…..so did you find it??
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 01:31 PM   #12
RollaMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestation12 View Post
9 replies with different suggestions of where, or how, to locate your pump…..that should keep you out of trouble the rest of the day. Don’t keep everyone in suspense…..so did you find it??
Well the OP (Karen & Larry) asked this question way back in 2013!
They either found the pump and never responded, or gave up and moved on to another trailer by now.