Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
billb800si

High Country Furniture

Been getting quotes on a new 2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES. Found out the literature on the multi-function couch is outdated. Now Cougar is supplying Lane's more upscale (leather like) material on their pull out sofa bed. It looks like the units on the Lacrosse $4500 free bee they advertise. We were in the LaCrosse a few months ago and the wife was very impressed with Lane furniture.
Happy trails,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:04 AM   #2
billb800si

Also just found out that the 2014 High Country models will now have "frameless windows". A nice touch.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #3
warsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
Also just found out that the 2014 High Country models will now have "frameless windows". A nice touch.
I do think they look cool. Is there any other real advantage to them? Just curious.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #4
billb800si

Found out the new lane sofa bed furniture being supplied in the 2014 321RES is only 65 inches deep. That means only a 5' 5" person can sleep on it???
The kitchen slide opening for the sofa bed is 69 inches wide. We've found (after tons of research) that a Klaussner Dreamquest Regular Sleeper Sofa #3700DRSL will fit perfect. Plus the Klaussner has a 60" wide x 72" deep x 6˝" thick mattress.
We just ordered our 321RES without lounge chairs or sofa bed. We'll supply our own furniture.
FYI... here's a website with illustrations and by clicking on "Customize" there's 22 pages of colors & materials.
http://www.klaussner.com/Klaussner-J...setCrumbs=true
Happy trails,
Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
woster

Call me paranoid, but you might want to make sure that sofa you order will fit through the trailer entry door.
Quality of life is 10% what happens to you.....90% how you react
woster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by woster View Post
Call me paranoid, but you might want to make sure that sofa you order will fit through the trailer entry door.
Wouldn't that be a buzz kill!!!!! Got this awesome trailer and awesome sofa, but........
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
Fisheyesmn

Lane Furniture in 321RES

I took delivery of a 2014 321RES on May 7, 2013. It has the same Lane furniture in it. It is some of the poorest quality product I have ever seen. The Lane sofa sleeper is located in the slide out. If you invite a little person to camp with you (most of my friends are taller that six feet) they have to deal with the fact that the sleeper has no adjustment to account for the head of the bed being four inches higher than the foot of the bed, so your guest slide off the bed during the night. The frame on the mechanism is so thin you can bend it with your thumb. (The Keystone buyer should be FIRED for specifying out the unit this way)
When you call Keystone about this it's not their problem. There only obligation is to send a new mechanism. Since the mechanism doesn't have the adjustment to account for the fact that it is located in the slide out they can send me mechanisms until Lane files bankruptcy it won't address the issue.
Since Keystone refuses to address the issue, I had to go to Camping World and purchase a replacement sofa a 68 inch Destination Tri-Fold Sleeper Sofa. It folds out to 58 x 74. We now can bring another adult couple camping with us.

If you order this unit order it without the poor quality Lane sofa sleeper and recliners. It will save you a lot of headaches.
Fisheyesmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
billb800si

Yea, we stayed away from buying the 321RES with the sofa or chairs. We ended up with a Jennifer sofa bed that has the 72 inch deep mattress. Now adults can sleep fine (had friends say it's very comfortable). Also bought two chairs from Art Van ( in Michigan) that worked fine on the opposite dining slide out ($88 each).
The Jennifer sofa is here:
http://www.jenniferfurniture.com/cat...sofabed-1.html
The slide out width is 69 inches and the Jennifer is 65 inches wide. Fits nicely and we DID NOT bolt it to the floor. No Need as it doesn't go anywhere during our travels.
Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
Old 08-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
Jim7411

Keystone Furnishings

Face it guys, Keystone's bottom line is making a profit. It's the American Way. If they put in quality furniture, we would complain bitterly about the high price of the trailer. I've encountered the same problem in our Laredo, and the solution is to replace the crap Keystone provided with something much nicer and sturdier. Bradd & Hall in Indiana was my choice. All their furniture is specifically for RVs and guaranteed to fit through the doorway. We just purchased new Euro Recliners and a new airbed sofa from them. The old stuff will go on the burn pile.
Jim7411 is offline   Reply With Quote