Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
DocData757

Sproinggggg!

Not really a warranty issue but it is a suggestion to Keystone.

In my Alpine, I have 3 sets of tall pantry doors. When you open them they go 'Sproinggggg' (for lack of a better way to described what happens) and its because of where Keystone placed the catches for them.

The handles are in the middle of the door (height wise) and the 2 clips are all the way at the top and bottom of the door. So, when you pull on the door to open it, the middle flexes out a ways before the catches release and thus the 'sproingggg'.

I am going to move the catches in more toward the middle of the door (up one shelf for the bottom and down one shelf for the top) in the hope that this will reduce the annoying action of the door when it is opened.
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
KanTC

I know that sound! We had the same issue with a tall wardrobe door [different manufacturer] several years ago. Moving the catches did resolve the problem for us - hopefully it will for you too.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Perhaps Dave and Terri could forward this simple remedy to fix this annoying "sproingggg" cupboard opening sound to the people at Keystone. I doubt very much whether they read anything anyone posts here. If you make them aware of the problem and how simple it would be to make it go away, they might even consider changing the way they fasten the cupboard clips on the doors. Somehow I doubt it but it is worth a try.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Just4us

Cool No more sproingggg!

DocData,

I had the exact same issue. I removed one catch and moved the other to the center shelf near the pull on each door. Problem solved. The only issue is to fill the holes left by removing the hardware. As a side note now I have extra catches if any go bad. The single catch holds the door closed just fine and I have not had any issues with the doors coming open when we travel. The other door I had to do was the door to the "command/electrical center". Opening that door with the catch on the top and the handle on the lower portion really torqued the door and I figured it ws only a matter of time before it broke. Much better after I moved the catch to the bottom. Now why didn't Keystone think of that?????? I call it RV blindness, make one push it down the line, on to the next one. Hey it gives us soemthing to do.

Thomas and Diane
Old 02-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
HigginsPod

Noise

I have never noticed the noise in the Pod............... but next time I am out in it I will check all the doors
2010 Chevy HD Silverado
HigginsPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
DocData757

It only happens on tall doors because the clips are so far way from the center of the door where the handle is located.
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
kenbarls
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanTC View Post
I know that sound! We had the same issue with a tall wardrobe door [different manufacturer] several years ago. Moving the catches did resolve the problem for us - hopefully it will for you too.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
I probably agree that moving catches will resolve the problem for that issue. I had the same issue too.
kenbarls is offline   Reply With Quote