Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
Jim Dow

Motion/Light Sensor Lights

Some inexpensive motion/light sensor LED lights (battery powered) have proven their worth - very convenient. I put one light on the dining table and one on the floor of the bathroom. I mounted another one adjacent to the stairs to alert anyone approaching the stairs at night.

Now, when we get up to go to the bathroom or into the living area at night, we don't have to fumble to find the right light switch. The lights are set to stay on for 30 seconds - just time enough to find the right light switch (if needed) without falling over something or waking up the whole house.

I put the bathroom light on the floor (free-standing) to minimize glare into the bedroom and prevent night blindness; and the light currently on the dining table would work fine on the floor as well.

These lights cost about $5 each (excluding batteries), and they're worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MotionSensorLight1.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	3775   Click image for larger version

Name:	MotionSensorLight2.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	3776   Click image for larger version

Name:	StepLight.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	3777  
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
WaltBennett

I really like the one near the door! I'm so fed up with our Montana turning on all the ceiling lights in the kitchen/door area when someone comes in or goes out. Talk about a bug attractor at night!! Where did you find that one?

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Jim Dow

Motion/Daylight Sensor Lights

I found all these motion/daylight sensor light units at Lowes; and they were only about $5.00 each. Each one uses AA batteries; and since they are LED lights, the batteries should last a long while - no holes to drill and no wires to run.

Try them out; and I think you will like them.
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
WaltBennett

I'll be looking for at least the wall mounted one today. Thanks!

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote