Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
PND

Water Tank

Have a new 358RLT, anybody know were the fresh water tank is located? Can a build diagram be gotton? How about an electrical diagram.
PND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

The FW tank may be close to your kitchen sink and water pump but if you don't know where the FW tank is located, you probably don't know where the pump is either. If you have an exterior FW potable water filler inlet, the FW tank will most likely be in line with that. Or crawl underneath the unit and look for a single spigot or valve protruding through the black coroplast underbelly cover. Might be near the back of your unit. If you have water in your tank, turn on the pump and try to trace the noise to find the pump. It will be behind a panel, door, drawer......
Keystone does not provide any kind of diagrams or schematic for anything - including plumping, electrical, framing, etc. Your request for them is one of many that we get here on the forum. They just aren't available - from anyone.

When you did your walk-through or pre-delivery inspection, did the location of the pump and FW tank not come up in the conversation?

Welcome to the forum and let us know if you find your tank.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
f6bits

No diagrams. That's been tried.

The fresh water tank is usually very near the fresh water fill. Also check underneath for a single tube sticking out for draining the fresh water tank. That might also help you locate the tank.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
PND

Haven't had the walk-through yet. Truck is getting hitch installed tomorrow, and have the next 14 days of 10 hr fun filled work days before we can get back to pick up the unit. Being an electrician, wiring diagrams are a map to me. Just may have to work one up myself over time. There is a small tube, sticking out under the rear area of the unit and thought that might be close to the tank, just not sure. I had access to the tank in my old trailer so like to know if I can get to it easily. Big jump for us - from 24 ft to 37 ft.
PND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

There are three "small tubes" sticking out of the bottom of your RV. One is the fresh water drain and should be somewhere between the two frame rails on your RV. The FW tank is directly above that drain. The other two small tubes should be along the side of the RV, and also have caps on them. They are the "low point" drains. One should drain the hot water plumbing and one should drain the cold water plumbing. I say "should" as water won't flow uphill and some RV's have "low point drains" that are installed in plumbing runs that are lower than the drain, so water won't flow up to the drain LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote