Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
kycampers

Fresh Water Tank Question

We have always camped at sites that have the city water hookup. However, this weekend we are camped at a site without. I do have the ability to fill the fresh water tank so we tried that last night. I heard running water and looked under our 2006 Keystone Cougar 302RLDS and could see water gushing out. I snapped a pic to see if anyone here could help. As I said, this is the first time we've ever really needed to use this tank so I'm not sure if there is a valve turned the wrong way somewhere or if the hose shown in the picture has come loose or what exactly. Any ideas?

Thanks!
MH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waterdrain.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	3179  
kycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
ktmracer

Looks like the hose is not connected to the freshwater fill inlet on the water tank. That green/white hose should connect to the top of the fresh water tank where the water inlet is.

If when you fill, water comes out the white hose from the bottom of the tank that means the drain is open. turn the valve on the white hose to close off the drain.

And since the fresh tank hasn't been used in years, and the inlet is open, I'd suggest that once you verify the tank is holding water you give it a strong dose of bleach or other water tank sanitizer and flush several times before you take off.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
CincyGus

Agreed. The white hose with the cap on it looks to be your fresh water low point drain. The striped hose likely is your fill hose.

Question:

Is the water coming out the hose when you try to fill the fresh water tank or is it coming out somewhere else.

If it's coming out the hose, that loose end likely needs connected to a T fitting that is missing a hose that feeds your fress water tank or to an inlet on your fresh water tank.

If it's coming out somewhere else, that loose end likely needs to be connected to the back of your fresh water fill fixture that your filling.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post

If it's coming out the hose, that loose end likely needs connected to a T fitting that is missing a hose that feeds your fresh water tank or to an inlet on your fresh water tank.

If it's coming out somewhere else, that loose end likely needs to be connected to the back of your fresh water fill fixture that your filling.
X2 .... From the photo you should be able to look up along the tank with a flashlight and see the inlet for the tank. If there is a hose connected to that inlet remove the screws from the water fill on the side of your trailer and gently pull it away from the wall. That blue & white hose connects to the back of this fixture and goes to the FW tank. There also is a small vent tube that you should make sure is connected while you're at it. Did you cut open the chloroplast or was it that way. That does not look like factory work including the wire taps????????????
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
kycampers

Awesome response guys! Thanks for the quick turnaround. When we fill the freshwater it immediately comes out of that exposed tube. We are already setup on our site since yesterday but I'll climb under there and see if it's obvious where that tube might connect to the fresh water tank.

Many thanks from our family! I'll update here if there are any issues at all.

Thanks!
MH
Old 05-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
kycampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Did you cut open the chloroplast or was it that way. That does not look like factory work including the wire taps????????????
No, I didn't cut that open. We bought this unit used last year from a dealer. Once I got under there I thought it looked a bit dicey.

MH