Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
rschad

heading south april 15

We are planning to head south on April 15th from Regina, Saskatchewan and are wondering how far south do we need to get the first day to not have real worries about freezing over night? I am thinking if I get to Casper and keep the heat on I should be fine,

Any advice?
rschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Outbackmel

10 days prior to departure

You shoud use the internet weather tools available to you for 10 days out and targeted daily tow.

25+ years ago, my mother lent us her new 21ft camper. I left North Carolina in rain heading to Syracuse, NY. Weather tools and internet devices were not around to use. My 7 year old daughter and I survived this trip. Short story, rain turned into April blizzard. Roads became almost impassable. I was fortunate to make an exit and get back on the highway and back track to huge truck stop. No heat. We put on every article of clothes we had and bundled up. Next day at 3pm roads were opened.

NOW we plan better and I always check my propane and batteries.

Our daughter, now with kids of her own, told this experience to her kids. Made a memory, one I would not have chosen given the scope of danger.

Travel safe out there!
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote