Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2021, 02:57 PM   #41
Jim2366

I have been reading and re reading this thread and the post. Today I stopped by and checked the Tire & Loading Information sticker on the RV. The tire size ST235/80R16E and the cold tie pressure showed 80 psi.

On the truck tires I always used the sticker on the door of the truck and inflated the tires to the amount shown on the door sticker.

I want to confirm that I understand that I should inflate my trailer tires to 80 psi according to the sticker on the trailer. It just happens to be the same shown on the tire, so I have been lucky they where the same.

Most people say they travel at a speed of 65mph, traveling 70mph on a flat safe road what factors do you look at for the trailer and tires to determine the correct travel speed. At 65 and 70mph I can not tell any difference but I am wanting to find out how to properly determine the facts.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:17 PM   #42
JSisemoreTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiefenton76 View Post
Please Advise.
So.... Is this the Bottomline:
Use the Maximum PSI stamped onto the sidewall for maximum weight capacity.

True or False?
Yes, I believe your statement is the bottom line truth of the wheel is also safely rated to handle that tire at a max psi.
Payload Capacity - 2616
JSisemoreTX is offline   Reply With Quote