Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2021, 03:12 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
Walmart has everything.

See that? Scuff Guard just like the Endurance.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-New-Pre...uard/175206634

Yep, and you get what you pay for IMO. Here are 2 reviews from Amazon. One might want to read those first. The best:

Wasted money.
Reviewed in the United States on July 17, 2020
Size: 225/75D15 8PRVerified Purchase
This item is garbage, tires lasted less than 2 months and the seller should be flogged, arrghh!! ����
Photos for comparison of the tires that i had for over 6 months compared to less than Two months on the free country brand. Don’t even deserve to have their brand capitalized. The outer edges will not expand and make contact with the road causing uneven and accelerated wear on the tires. Two months!!!! DO NOT BUY!!!

And then the worst:

Worthless rubber compound, didn't even make 4000 miles before needing to be replaced.
Reviewed in the United States on November 21, 2018
Verified Purchase
I had very high expectations being they were 8 ply tires. They lasted less than 4000 miles. They were properly inflated I kept an eye on them constantly and it was like they are made of chapstick. I drive my trailer at 62 miles an hour religiously and I am not overweight but these tires were gone..... I mean they literally became slick's in less than 4000 miles. The only good news I suppose is that they wore evenly as they disintegrated.
This is definitely tough on a hundred percent disabled veteran who lives on a fixed income. Just beware if you plan on using them for extended drives maybe they were intended for the 30- to-40 mile trip to a lake only.

That scuff guard sure seems to make those top of the line tires!
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:31 PM   #22
markdol1

Ditto i just did the same thing, a few more dollars for the goodyear endurance tires gives me some peace of mind. Its enough to concentrate while towing without having a blowout that can be disastrous!
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:45 AM   #23
notanlines

Mark, I'm guessing you get that warm, fuzzy feeling with Goodyear because of the great performance you've gotten in the past from their Marathons?
It's a 'Free Country' and I think I'll just pass, thank you.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:38 PM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

1993 Holiday Rambler with Goodyear marathons (the "premium brand" tire at that time)... Recalled in 1994, replaced with Marathons from china. Two blowouts in the first 1000 miles, replaced all 4 with Marathons and had another blowout the first trip out of town (a month after installation). The Goodyear dealer asked me if I wanted another set. You can imagine my profanity laced response.... He "substituted the Marathons with Maxxis 8008's and they were still on the trailer when I sold it 7 years later. (Yep, I know now what I didn't know then)...

Anyway, my "negative experiences with Goodyear (as a brand) based on the performance of their Marathon line has provided me with a "firm, no reconsiderations attitude" in favor of anything but Goodyear tires of any line, regardless of how well they perform for anyone else.

As extreme as it might sound, I removed a set of Goodyear tires from a new car at the dealership as a part of purchase. I won't own another Goodyear tire, not even on a lawn mower.... YMMV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:36 PM   #25
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
1993 Holiday Rambler with Goodyear marathons (the "premium brand" tire at that time)... Recalled in 1994, replaced with Marathons from china. Two blowouts in the first 1000 miles, replaced all 4 with Marathons and had another blowout the first trip out of town (a month after installation). The Goodyear dealer asked me if I wanted another set. You can imagine my profanity laced response.... He "substituted the Marathons with Maxxis 8008's and they were still on the trailer when I sold it 7 years later. (Yep, I know now what I didn't know then)...

Anyway, my "negative experiences with Goodyear (as a brand) based on the performance of their Marathon line has provided me with a "firm, no reconsiderations attitude" in favor of anything but Goodyear tires of any line, regardless of how well they perform for anyone else.

As extreme as it might sound, I removed a set of Goodyear tires from a new car at the dealership as a part of purchase. I won't own another Goodyear tire, not even on a lawn mower.... YMMV.
Well said, John. I can’t blame you at all. I’d do the same if I were in your shoes. I hope the GY’s that came on this truck hold to a better experience than what you had on ST tires. I feel the same about CW as a local RV dealer. I’ll never go again for a RV. Just my experience.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:53 AM   #26
hornet28

I have a set of Endurance that I bought in 18 and have over 10,000 mi on them without a problem including no loss of air. One trip alone was 7,500 mi in a month. I just bought another set today for my 34 ft car trailer. All 8 are 235/85x16E. I know I can buy cheaper but the increase wasn't that much. All 4 out the door mounted, balanced, new stems and tax for just under $800. That price was only about $55 more than the cheapest 4 Sailuns on Amazon and $25 cheaper than the other seller plus I dealt local
1917 T roadster 270 Hemi/4 spd
34' car trailer w/63" semi sleeper on the front
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote