Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
Brantel

Help me find a leak...

We picked up our 2021 32BHS back in the early fall. On our last trip I noticed the carpeted lower floor of our basement on the convenience center side was wet. I figured that it must have been a drip or something from the convenience center. So when we got home I put a fan in there for a week and it dried up and has been dry ever since. Today I noticed the same floor on the other side is soaked. The carpet around the sides of the floor are bone dry. The seals of the door are good and the sealant around the door frame is good. Any ideas where this water may be coming from?
Brantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:49 PM   #2
bobbecky

It’s very possible that you have a loose plumbing connection behind the convenience center. The white plastic panel needs to be removed to access those connections and it should be obvious which connectors are loose. A pair of pliers might be needed to get them tight, but just don’t over tighten them.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:51 PM   #3
Brantel

Maybe but no water connected at this time as it is winterized and sitting in the driveway for weeks. And the current wet floor of the basement is on the other side.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:23 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Hooked up or not the water has to be coming from somewhere even if it has just been sitting in the lines.

Have you checked all the connections under the bathroom sinks, toilet etc.? I had a leak on this one the first tryout trip we took. Opened the pass through and had water coming under the edge of the little wall. Went inside and had a leak from one of the sinks running down the pipe, though the entry hole and into the basement. We had another one from the water line into the toilet and yet another one behind the convenience center. Just had to go through and tighten every connection in the trailer. Good luck in finding it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:09 PM   #5
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Hooked up or not the water has to be coming from somewhere even if it has just been sitting in the lines.

Have you checked all the connections under the bathroom sinks, toilet etc.? I had a leak on this one the first tryout trip we took. Opened the pass through and had water coming under the edge of the little wall. Went inside and had a leak from one of the sinks running down the pipe, though the entry hole and into the basement. We had another one from the water line into the toilet and yet another one behind the convenience center. Just had to go through and tighten every connection in the trailer. Good luck in finding it.
No leaks that I can find. Pump pressurizes system and turns off and never comes back on until I open a faucet.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:10 PM   #6
ewbldavis

We had a travel trailer that the baggage door leaked. If not too cold, sending a kid in there while you hit it with a hose can rule this out. You could "smell" the wet area too and see if it might be antifreeze.

Has it rained or anything that could contribute? Also, is it the main floor, or the little cubby between door and frame?

There are two screws at convenience center that will allow panel to be opened up for investigation behind it. As suggested, I'd start there. The bathroom drain is back there too. The fact that it is opposite side is interesting...the way plumbing is run back there, whole bay would be wet I would think.

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:13 PM   #7
ewbldavis

ha - real time convo here. I wonder since plumbing seems tight, if it's baggage door...maybe even the latch...

If it is, it'd be the recessed cubby that's all wet I would think. Also, inspect and seal the hole in convenience center - the gap between plastic is enough to let water in. I gobbed mine up to seal it so plywood doesn't rot.

Eddy

2020 Cougar 32BHS
Old 02-05-2021, 04:15 PM   #8
Traindude

Even though it’s a new trailer. I wonder if maybe some where the roof didn’t get sealed right.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:29 PM   #9
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewbldavis View Post
We had a travel trailer that the baggage door leaked. If not too cold, sending a kid in there while you hit it with a hose can rule this out. You could "smell" the wet area too and see if it might be antifreeze.

Has it rained or anything that could contribute? Also, is it the main floor, or the little cubby between door and frame?

There are two screws at convenience center that will allow panel to be opened up for investigation behind it. As suggested, I'd start there. The bathroom drain is back there too. The fact that it is opposite side is interesting...the way plumbing is run back there, whole bay would be wet I would think.
It’s the lower cubby on the camp side.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:30 PM   #10
Brantel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traindude View Post
Even though it’s a new trailer. I wonder if maybe some where the roof didn’t get sealed right.
I have inspected it really well. Can’t find any issues.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #11
ewbldavis

Man what would get that wet...having same unit, I am baffled besides a seal or something with the door. Door tight when closed, or can you "wiggle" it? I know you've inspected, but at a loss and trying to help...

Have you towed? Possibly water intrusion from front maybe, by the propane bottle?

Edit: was looking at sig pic - check the wall just in front of door at the top. Only guess there is maybe water getting in where awning is mounted.

Maybe the other side was wet bay leak, and this is coincidence and different issue...my cubby got wet from wet bay on slide side.

Eddy

2020 Cougar 32BHS
Old 02-07-2021, 11:37 AM   #12
Jmayse

Make sure your unit is level.
Jmayse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #13
jasin1

My 2020 315 rls leaks around the door gaskets on both sides. When driving the wind will force water in places you wouldn’t think. I noticed the carpet wet on the entrance door side mostly..
Old 02-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #14
roadglide

I had leak at the 50 amp receptacle and 15 amp out side receptacle the sealant dryer and pored water inside. I don’t know just a thought.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:46 AM   #15
jasin1

Maybe get inside when it’s dark and shine a bright light all around each cargo door from the outside They don’t seal all that well in the first place. Probably should have carpet in the lower recesss anyway

Tags
leak