Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2021, 04:07 PM   #1
wiredgeorge

2013 Keystone Bullet Ultra Lite 252RL

Didn't know there were Bullet fifth wheels out there and saw a real nice looking floor plan on my wife's FB marketplace app. Gross weight about 8K lbs and two opposing slides in the cabin (dinette in one and couch in the other) make the floorplan spacious. My wife might not be thrilled with the lack of counter space. The other negatives were the carpet in the cabin (why put carpet in a camper?) and there was no door to give privacy in the bedroom. Only a cheesy curtain thing. I removed the carpet from out camper and could probably hang a sliding track door but the counter space (or lack) will not be good. Does anyone have a Bullet Ultra Lite fifth wheel? Can you walk the roof? There is no ladder on the camper.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Bullet only offered fifth wheels for 2012 (If I remember correctly) and there were only two floorplans. Both were not "true fifth wheels" in that the bathroom is on the main floor and only the bed space is "elevated on the king pin level". They were "ultra-lite entry level trailers" with minimal holding tank capacity, I think around 28 gallons of gray and black with no "two tank gray system". It didn't have a coroplast belly, rather the bottom was wrapped in DARCO and after a few years, it did what most of our wheelwells have done.

Extremely light frame, lots of "weight cutting technology" and I'd guess some issues with durability after 9 or 10 years.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:39 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

It has a pretty nice floor plan but already pointed out there was only a curtain for the bedroom entrance. There needs to be a door. BTW: a 2013.

I do appreciate the insight. Pictures don't really make the downstairs bathroom "feature" obvious. Didn't notice that.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:15 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

That "arrangement" with only the bed on the upper level is very common in smaller, older entry level fifth wheels. Many of the old "aluminum sided Prowler, Taurus, Wilderness and Jayco floorplans were constructed that way. The "concept" was to create a travel trailer floorplan and elevate just the extreme forward section to accommodate the pin box. Our 2011 Springdale had a similar floorplan (with just a curtain to separate the bedroom). It was a "killer" to try to get out of bed, turn around and back down those two steps to go to the bathroom in the dark..... When the tree fell on it and destroyed the roof, even though it was a loss and a ruined week long fishing trip, it was one of the happiest days in ownership of that trailer. Think through getting up in the dark to negotiate those steps to the bathroom. It's not something most consider.

It may have been produced in 2013, you'll need to check the front left corner sticker for date of manufacture, but the Bullet brochures only list fifth wheels in the 2012 edition, it's not in the 2013 or 2014 brochure printings.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:00 AM   #5
Gegrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
That "arrangement" with only the bed on the upper level is very common in smaller, older entry level fifth wheels. Many of the old "aluminum sided Prowler, Taurus, Wilderness and Jayco floorplans were constructed that way. The "concept" was to create a travel trailer floorplan and elevate just the extreme forward section to accommodate the pin box. Our 2011 Springdale had a similar floorplan (with just a curtain to separate the bedroom). It was a "killer" to try to get out of bed, turn around and back down those two steps to go to the bathroom in the dark..... When the tree fell on it and destroyed the roof, even though it was a loss and a ruined week long fishing trip, it was one of the happiest days in ownership of that trailer. Think through getting up in the dark to negotiate those steps to the bathroom. It's not something most consider.

It may have been produced in 2013, you'll need to check the front left corner sticker for date of manufacture, but the Bullet brochures only list fifth wheels in the 2012 edition, it's not in the 2013 or 2014 brochure printings.
My parents had a 1996 Terry Expo 5th wheel like that, about 25' or so. You had to crawl around the bed to get to the other side. Very low front profile. It was an aluminum sided trailer. We towed that trailer all over the southwest/southeast US. Sold it because my parents hated crawling around the bed like you mentioned.

They also had a 2002 nearly full profile Fleetwood (forget the specific brand line) that was also about 26' or so. The bathroom occupied the whole last 3-4' of the trailer (whole width), and the couch was oriented parallel to the front of the trailer right by the door. There were 3-4 steps up immediately to the bed, but it was almost full profile. You could walk completely around the bed almost fully upright (maybe by tilting your head). The dinette was on the slide. It was a fiberglass sided trailer. That was a neat trailer, but I was already in college when they got it, so it didn't get used very much before they sold it.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, keystone