Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2020, 08:57 AM   #1
JohnnyDrum

Omni-directional antennae

I've seen some posts concerning this issue and thought I might get a few answers here. We have a 2019 Cougar TT. The omni-directional antenna doesn't seem to pick up stations very well, but it did fairly when we were in the southwest in January (maybe just less obstacles for the frequencies?). We don't really want to get a satellite dish. The booster is on. I had spoken with a fellow in the parts department who said it shouldn't be having this issue (I was asking about an additional boosting device) and suggested a loose connection might be the problem. I have removed the cable covers in the bedroom (the one with the booster on it) and tightened those connections. I also removed the one for the living room TV (down in the recess behind the powered up/down TV) and tightened that cable connection. My question now I guess is how accessible is the coax-to-antenna connection? I guess i should get on the roof and look at that but haven't done so yet. Any tips before I climb?
JohnnyDrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #2
Roscommon48

climb....
it's somewhere in your connections.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Worked fair when you were in the SW in January. Flat terrain, clear air. Where are you now ? How far away are the TV broadcasting towers? There are phone apps to tell you how far the stations are from your location. Wienguard has a good one.

Any omni directional antenna will not perform as well as a directional one and any antenna is only as good as the tuner in the television.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna