Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
Titantower

Keystone Passport 2920BH

Hey guys, we are interested in a Passport 292BH and wondering if there's any problems we should look out for. Also, if anyone could share what they paid for one that would be great.

Not really sure how much the dealers negotiate off their asking prices?

Thank you!
Titantower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
duh1

Go online and look around. We live in florida and ought.in Lexington and went because they were about 7k less and no one in florida would negotiate. We had zero issues with warranty work and worked well I have heard horror stories about new trailers lately so now a good reliable dealer might be more important . Maybe we were just lucky bought ours nearly ten years ago and have been real happy with it good luck. Keep us posted on how it goes . Kind of thinking of a new one on the next six months.
duh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

As duh1 mentioned, you may have a hard time getting dealers to negotiate in FL - it's a very popular place for RVrs. As far as issues I would say you need to do a thorough search on the forum about maintenance; particularly roof maintenance. I spend 5 mos. a year in FL and I've seen all manner of "issues" on RVs that live there all the time due to the salt air, generous rain etc. It's not like being in the desert SW that's for sure.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
travelin texans

Also I believe there's a rule to not discuss pricing on the forum. Pricing is somewhat relative anyway, what one thinks is great deal the next guy not so much.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:37 AM   #5
08quadram

We had a 2013 model. Was a nice unit. Only real issues I had were water getting inside of the storage doors (not in the compartment) making them soft. Hopefully they upgraded the jack knife sofa. It sucked. The offspring enjoyed the 4 bunks to keep all their crap. I also sealed all the edges of the outside kitchen counter tops. Mine were plastic laminate. Kept them from swelling. Hopefully they went to something more durable.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:50 AM   #6
NH_Bulldog

We found the best pricing closer to the factory. Sometimes you can find a dealer offering wholesale pricing. My personal experience has been around a $10k-$12k difference between local dealer or taking a drive and picking one up at an Ohio or Indiana dealer and hauling it home yourself (a $2k savings right off the bat). Searching your model, I saw pricing between a low of $20k and a high of $34k depending on location. Do your research and decide what’s right for you, and be sure to think about whether you want a relationship with a local dealer for service, warranty, etc. If you don’t buy from the local dealer they are not likely to go out of their way to do you any favors.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:26 AM   #7
Frisbeekev

We bought a 2018, and for our family we love it. No real issues. THe only issue(s) we have had are a little peeling of the wood sticker by the vanity/shower, from shower water getting on it. And I had a freak thing where one of the sliding windows broke when I closed it (got fixed under warrenty). The new upgrades are nice with a door to the bunkroom, and walkable roof. Price will vary as we got ours in MD.
Frisbeekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:28 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Pricing usually follows "supply and demand". If a dealer has a particular model on the lot for 6 or 7 months with no interest, that dealer will likely negotiate to move the trailer. At the same time, if another dealer has the same model, 8 people looking at it, has sold 5 of them in the past 3 weeks and can't get another from Keystone until next month, then that dealer won't feel the need to reduce the price of the "last one on the lot"....

Sometimes a dealer might get a shipment of 6 or 8 trailers that have been popular and sell 7 of them at MSRP, be "stuck" with one that didn't sell, and when it comes close to time to make the next "pack interest payment" (the money he has to borrow to keep inventory on the lot), realize that if he moves that trailer before "next Friday" he can save money by reducing the amount of "up front payment" he has to make to the bank. So, he may have sold the last 7 at a high price and now, because of "finances" need to move the last one "NOW".... Price on that trailer may well be half what the others sold for 2 weeks ago.....

The "key to negotiations is being lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time".... Shopping multiple dealerships and getting their best price is almost always productive, if price is your final deciding factor. On the other hand, if having a local dealership is the "final deciding factor" then paying a bit more may be acceptable.

Every RV buyer has different circumstances and what's "a good price" for one may be "OUTRAGEOUS" for another..... You simply can't compare "what someone else paid" with "what's a fair price for me" in another part of the country and, in many situations, even at the same dealership.....

It's been my experience that NO dealer is going to sell an RV at a loss, so no matter the price you pay, the dealer is going to come out "making money" on the deal.

Think about how even a department store can sell jeans for $100 all summer and at the end of the season, offer those same jeans at 90% off with a $5 off coupon.... They may "lose $2 on those last 5 pair of "odd size jeans" but they made "how much profit" from the sale of the other 500 pair at $100 each...... It's much the same with almost any "retail business"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, passport