Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
canesfan

AC Duct Fix

Just thought I'd share what I found with the wonderful, detailed and careful craftsmanship that went into my AC duct connection. Before and after pics.

I had barely to no airflow from the vents in the bedroom, and not much more in the bathroom. Some in the living area. I probably now have 10 times more air flow in the bath and bedrooms. Still probably need a second AC but in the meantime I might manage to keep it below 90* this Summer now. Took me two years to finally get up there and take a look and fix it. Thanks and shout out to PARAPTOR for prodding me to look into it.

I also blocked off both ducts after the last vent in each and checked all the vents. One vent in the garage had a nice big hole going into the ceiling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_5118[1].jpg
Views:	333
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	11864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_5119[1].jpg
Views:	286
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	11865  
Old 02-20-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
TLB

It just goes to show you that they are trying to get them out the door as quick as they can.

2014 Passport Elite 31RE

2017 2500HD Crew Cab
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:38 PM   #3
Bob Landry

You're not done. Hold your hand up in the return air chamber and see if you feel cold air right off the blower. If you do, you have a leak at the unit itself. Also, if you have not done so, pull the registers in the ceiling and make sure they are properly taped to the duct, If they are not, you are blowing cold air into the ceiling.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:57 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
You're not done. Hold your hand up in the return air chamber and see if you feel cold air right off the blower. If you do, you have a leak at the unit itself. Also, if you have not done so, pull the registers in the ceiling and make sure they are properly taped to the duct, If they are not, you are blowing cold air into the ceiling.
Good point if you have a cold air return, probably just as messed up. On ours there is no return duct. Rather than connected to a duct a divided is installed in the main unit forming two section a return and a condition section. Both sections are covered by the grill in the ceiling. The Single return for the rig is that single ceiling grill.

What I have found and had to tape is that divider which was blown off center causing portion of conditioned air to be sucked into the return side

Added: I think that ceiling grill is also called a cold blast, the condition air section has sliders that can be opened all or some to blast conditioned out that griil. When closed conditioned forced into t he two output ducts
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote