Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
justduit2

Laredo 275SBH Owner

Hi All!

We bought a Laredo 275SBH in the beginning of June, so far we've camped 16 nights in it, wish it were more . A couple of years ago, we bought an old Shasta LoFlyte, a style that I'd been looking at for a couple of years. Turns out my daughter absolutely hates it because the bunk is too close to the ceiling. Who knew?

Anyway, my son is a competitive swimmer and reaching an age where we travel to out of town swim meets several times a year. Looking at how much we were spending on hotels, we decided we needed a camper we could all live with and could use in the winter. After much research and walking through every used camper on a couple of lots, we got a pretty good idea of the direction we wanted to go.

Having decided on a fifth wheel, the 1st order of business was to get a pickup to tow with. I found a great deal on a 2004 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton diesel at a large RV dealer nearby. We went by on Friday evening, made the deal on the truck, and returned Saturday morning to finish the paperwork and pick it up.

After finalizing the truck deal, we headed out to the lot to look at some used campers I'd had my eye on. For one reason or another, none quite fit the bill, so we started going through the new units. When we finally climbed inside the 275SBH, we all sat down and relaxed like we were at home. It suited all our needs, and we fell in love.

We call Lebanon Ohio our home, have a musically talented 11 yo daughter, and as I said, my 13 yo son does a pretty fair imitation of a fish. I look forward to learning from the experience of this forum, and to many happy camping trips!

Mark
justduit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome Mark and family, including the fish, to the forum. It seems like you have found both an RV and TV that suits your needs. We hope you have many enjoyable and trouble-free camping trips.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
Outbackmel

Congrats justduit

We lived in Mason, OH for 2 years and loved going to your town for fests; holidays and just a relaxing fun lunch at the old style soda fountain diner.

We were "bikers" when we lived up there. (Still are).

We have a 2011; 36ft Outack 5er and tow it with a 2008 Dodge Cummins.

Best wishes for great camping adventures. Leaving for Scottsdale mid January for 2 months.

Enjoy.....
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. It sounds to me as if you really did your homework. Most folks don't realize how important it is to get feed-back from their children when choosing a floor-plan. Having an area of their own can make it easier for a teen to be stuck in a box with mom and dad for a week. If even one is miserable it rubs off on all. Good luck with what seems to be a great choice for YOUR family. Travel safely, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
LOUIE P

Hi everyone, my wife and I just signed the final paperwork today and did our PDI on a 2012 laredo 275sbh. Out of all the units we have seen this one suits our needs perfectly and the features are great. We are picking it up next week and parking it at a friend's farm for the winter. We will show it to the kids on Christmas morning. They are going to love it. Can't wait to see their expressions. We have been camping for a few years now and we love it. If anyone has any input on this model please let us know. Thanks.
LOUIE P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
justduit2

Hey Louie, congratulations on your purchase! How old are your kids? Mine are 11 & 13 and they absolutely love the bunkhouse! My daughter loves putting out the slide and awning, buttons are so much fun!

Thus far, I've only had 3 issues: Lack of ventilation in the bunkhouse, bedroom cabinets are too wide for the mattress to fit properly between them, and I nail the upper cabinet with my head every time I climb into bed. Last one is my own fault, have yet to address the other two with our dealer.

Don't know how you can get a new unit and not camp in it for a whole winter! We were camping in ours the night I drove it off the lot.

Mark

2011 Laredo 275SBH
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD QC LB
justduit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
LOUIE P

Hi Mark, my girls are 6 and 8 and they are going to be so happy. we did the PDI today everything seems fine eccept for some minor issues witch they will take care of as fer as everything else goes we wont actually know till we start useing it next year. We cant wait.
LOUIE P is offline   Reply With Quote