Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2015, 04:44 PM   #1
Boz405TS

2015 Raptor Ramp Damage, Warranty Claim Denied!!!

I took delivery on my 405TS May 8, 2015, parked it at home and we test camped a few times in the driveway. It was always level, on 24 June I noticed the bolts that hold the lower hinges to the door sticking out. After inspection I found the entire lower section of the door is about 1/2" thinner than it's supposed to be. It appears water has entered the lower seam and caused it to swell and now contract after it dried back out. I immediately took pictures and sent the info to my servicing dealer and contacted keystone myself. On 15 Sep, I finally got word that my claim was declined, said it wasn't a factory defect. I had this unit for about 45 days, never camped in it, and we had about 1.5" of rain....how was this not a warranty issue, how was it not a factory defect?
I've dealt with a lot of companies that offer one year warranties and they actually cover anything that happens within that year, even if it wasn't a factory defect!!
It's about customer service and trying to get customers to come back and buy another unit when they are ready to buy again, and tell their friends about what an awesome experience they had with the company. Right now I'm not feeling like I want any of my friends to own a keystone product.
Boz405TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:58 PM   #2
sw342
Permanent User Ban

I hear you. Very good chance I will never be buying another Keystone/Thor product once I am done with this hauler. Curious about what your dealer has to say. Are they not going to try and fight for you against Keystone on your behalf?
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
Boz405TS

The dealer is still working on Lippert, they gave up on Keystone. I call and email the customer support at Keystone every couple of days as well. Don't know if it will ever help, but better than doing nothing!!
Old 09-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #4
dcg9381

I saw a video on some dealer who has a special "rain room" setup for all of their dealer-PDIs. Too bad it's necessary - apparently it's not just a Keystone thing.

Personally, I don't get how "not a factory defect" is a possibility here after 45 days.

Can you post photos so we can check our rigs? Any idea where water is entering?
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #5
Ken / Claudia

By reading just what you said, I find it hard to believe that you had water intrude into the wall/door and dry up in less than 45 days. Maybe it happened before you got it or maybe is it caused by delambed in another way? Anyway no way for us to know thru this site. Here a trailer is taken back to the dealer who inspects and photos the problem than talks with Keystone. You say you just send photos to the dealer. Maybe, just maybe take it to them and have them look at the problem, they cannot inspect it thru photos alone. If what you say as been rejected as a factory defect by Keystone what did the dealer and Keystone say caused the problem, they would have some ideas. Just wondering.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #6
Boz405TS

No idea where the water got in, all the caulk was good when I took delivery. It may have been a pinhole or something. This unit was on the lot for almost a year, so it was in the elements.
I'll try to post some pics. You won't miss the damage it you have the same issues as me.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:46 AM   #7
C130

Since these things typically sit on the lot for months there's no way to really ever find out how water got in there. I drive by a small RV dealership almost every day and see doors left open all the time. I can't believe what I've seen and just saw the rear side door open on a 5th wheel over the weekend and they were closed and it was raining. I've seen the rear ramp door open on their toy haulers several times and it would be pouring, at night, dealership was closed. Nothing surprises me with some of the RV dealerships.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:09 PM   #8
GaryWT

I agree that if you have a warranty then when something breaks or goes wrong then the warranty covers it and it gets fixed. It is a shame it does not work that way.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:36 AM   #9
ddibon

I've wrestled with a fraudulent lemon from Tiara RV. No excuses exist for how keystone and their dealers operate. I'm filing a federal lawsuit. It's a big deal to knowingly bait/switch and then onstruct/obfuscate. I'm a full timer and am all over the country. I'm asked everywhere about my vehicle. I assure you none of those qualified customers ended up purchasing anything goes Keystons. I've decided to approach them assertively. I intend to also name specific individuals as codefendents.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
ddibon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:59 AM   #10
notanlines

I'll tell you this, if we tried to onstruct or obfuscate at our house we'd be in deep trouble. I'm betting these people are scared .....well we all know the word.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #11
Nitrodoctor

I had the same problem and it turned out Lippert left out one of the foam filler blocks and there was nothing between the inner and outer skins, they had to replace the rear door and that became it's own Problem, leaks, alignment.
Nitrodoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #12
Boz405TS

It finally took me talking directly to Lippert to get the door replaced, I just told them the same thing I told keystone and he agreed with me and started the order on the spot. Keystone still didn't want to have anything to do with it, but after Lippert talked to them they offered 1 1/2 hours of labor. I am still having issues with my ac not cooling good but that is a different post to come.