Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #1
Mosnowman

2014 Cougar 327RES Control Panel Not Working!

I have done some searching on this issue and it seems like Keystone Cougar Fifth Wheels with the touch control panels are frequently causing problems. Mine is similiar in that two rows of the panel won't respond. I cannot retract glides or awning without using the remote control. This is a brand new fifth wheel!!!

I have tried the following to try to get a temporary fix. None have worked. I emailed Keystone and they said take it to your dealer...great customer service right? I know that they are aware it is a frequent problem yet they do nothing.

1. Removed Fuse 5 and reinstalled - nope
2. Connected to shore power- turned off main- disconnect switch - turned main back on - nope

Supposedly these two techniques have worked for some but not for me. Any other ideas on how to get it working? I refuse to take it to Camping World ( my dealer) and let it sit on the lot during camping season.

2018 Ford F350 Diesel Lariat Crew Cab
B & W Companion Hitch
Old 07-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosnowman View Post
I have done some searching on this issue and it seems like Keystone Cougar Fifth Wheels with the touch control panels are frequently causing problems. Mine is similiar in that two rows of the panel won't respond. I cannot retract glides or awning without using the remote control. This is a brand new fifth wheel!!!

I have tried the following to try to get a temporary fix. None have worked. I emailed Keystone and they said take it to your dealer...great customer service right? I know that they are aware it is a frequent problem yet they do nothing.

1. Removed Fuse 5 and reinstalled - nope
2. Connected to shore power- turned off main- disconnect switch - turned main back on - nope

Supposedly these two techniques have worked for some but not for me. Any other ideas on how to get it working? I refuse to take it to Camping World ( my dealer) and let it sit on the lot during camping season.
I had typed a long response, but decided that it's probably better to simply suggest that since you've done the "fuse 5 power removal" without success, before you start complaining about the factory not being able to provide you a "telephone repair", your next step really should be to contact your dealer and make an appointment to get the darn thing fixed.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Mosnowman

I am certainly planning on taking it to the dealer at the end of the season to "get the darned thing fixed".

In the mean time I am simply looking for other's helpful suggestions that may have had the same problem. Anyone else have a helpful suggestion or similiar experience?

B & W Companion Hitch
Old 07-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

In your first post you state, "I emailed Keystone and they said take it to your dealer...great customer service right?" You've got your solution, all you have to do is follow their advice, but now you're complaining that their customer service is faulty?

Since it's YOUR decision to delay the repair until after the camping season, is it appropriate to "blame Keystone" because your trailer isn't functional or because the repair is being delayed? Keystone said they would fix it, isn't that enough?

Come on now, you can't have your cake and eat it too, but then you are "lamblasting Keystone" and they aren't here to respond to the allegations, so it's sort of like fighting a "one armed man".........

If you have your solution and don't want to accept it, then just exactly what is your "beef" ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
Rex1vt

[QUOTE=Mosnowman;178307]I am certainly planning on taking it to the dealer at the end of the season to "get the darned thing fixed".

The obvious issue here will be your warranty period,what response do you expect once it is out of warranty?MY control board was replaced three times and the touch panel was replaced with a rocker switch panel in my 2014 327 RES.Good luck.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:33 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Your warranty period will be THE issue and you need to be very cognizant of that. The repair for your issue, as told to me by my service manager, is the replacement of the panel with the rocker panel. It is costly and time consuming so you need to take care of it sooner rather than later....that's not a Keystone issue.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:11 PM   #7
Mosnowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
In your first post you state, "I emailed Keystone and they said take it to your dealer...great customer service right?" You've got your solution, all you have to do is follow their advice, but now you're complaining that their customer service is faulty?

Since it's YOUR decision to delay the repair until after the camping season, is it appropriate to "blame Keystone" because your trailer isn't functional or because the repair is being delayed? Keystone said they would fix it, isn't that enough?

Come on now, you can't have your cake and eat it too, but then you are "lamblasting Keystone" and they aren't here to respond to the allegations, so it's sort of like fighting a "one armed man".........

If you have your solution and don't want to accept it, then just exactly what is your "beef" ???
First of all I am blaming Keystone for installing faulty equipment on brand new fifth wheels. A simple internet search will help inform you of your ignorance regarding the known situation of faulty control panels being installed. Hey if you can get cheap chinese electronic junk why not install it for more profit? The Keystone solution to get it fixed at the dealer will certainly be followed after my camping season is over, rather than take their advice and watch my brand new camper sit on the lot. Thanks Mr. Obvious...not real helpful.

I don't have my "temporary solution" yet or I wouldn't be asking more considerate members of this forum the question in this thread rather than reading drivel from obtuse "Super Mods" like yourself. Feel free to refrain from spamming up my thread with your pontificating high atop your soapbox. I am simply asking if anyone has had the same problem and found a temporary fix to resolve it.

Again getting back on topic...I would appreciate helpful advice from more courteous members if possible. Thanks in advance.

B & W Companion Hitch
Old 07-08-2015, 06:24 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

You've had the last word. This thread is closed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #9
fuller family

Mine is at the dealer now for the same issue. They scheduled me an appt. for June 30. I called yesterday and they haven't looked at yet with a promise to complete by 7/15 due to camping trip to the coast. They have been great so far but its my first time in for repairs with keystone. I hope so but my gut tells me it isn't going to happen. Been down this road to many times to keep count with other toys. Remote still works so i will get my rig and go ether way.
Closed Thread